Eatingjellybeans n' Role-playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saberfang

2 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Saberfang  - Page 3 Empty Re: Saberfang

Post by Mirrormoth Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 pm

Returning to his human form, Seth stepped towards Mila. His heart beat faster as he gazed into her soft lavender eyes, She looked like an angel in the snow.
"It's beautiful isn't it?", Mila whispered, ringlets of pink hair dancing in the breeze. Seth smiled and gently brushed the hair away from her dainty face, “Yes it is…”
He could sense the longing in Mila, he felt it too. It was difficult to resist her, he knew that humans and demons could not be together… but he was at his limit.
He leaned in to kiss her, but suddenly stopped. A familiar voice called to them in the distance, it was Reagan.

Reagan approached them, waving excitedly as he called, “Mila, My dove! Fancy seeing you out so late! Are you enjoying the lunar blossoms?”
Seth took an uncomfortable step backwards as Reagan wedged himself between the two of them. The man gave Seth a rather dirty look, before focusing his attention on Mila.
“Unmannered human…”, Seth murmured dryly under his breath.

For Mila’s sake Seth quietly endured a whole 10 minutes of Reagan’s blatant flirting and bragging. It was clear that he had begun to grow agitated and eventually he snapped, “Okay! That’s enough. Its late…we should go Mila ”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

https://eatingjellybeans.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:09 am

Reagan stared at Seth as though he were staring at a pup that wouldn't stop barking.
"I hadn't realized you were still here, Demon." He spat the word demon as though he were regarding a poisonous viper he intended to kill. Mila flinched.
"Reagan..."
"You may go whenever you please." Reagan cut her off. "We have no use for the likes of you. I can take care of Mila better than a murderer like you can. I was about to ask my lady if she would go on a date with me." He turned back to Mila.
She stared at him dumbfounded.
"I...uh... I mean... Seth..." She couldn't think of anything to say. She was furious at how Ragan had just talked to Seth.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:58 pm

"I hadn't realized you were still here, Demon.
Seth smirked “Well I didn’t realize that I was talking to an idiot…would you like me to talk a bit slower? It’ll give your brain some time to catch-up.”
"You may go whenever you please.”, Reagan snapped, “ We have no use for the likes of you. I can take care of Mila better than a murderer like you can. Pulling Mila closer to him, Reagan added arrogantly, “I was about to ask my lady if she would go on a date with me.”
Seth suddenly burst out laughing, “Sure, like she’d ever say yes to you…she has more sense than that.”  Angry now, Reagan grabbed Seth by the collar, “You’ll regret that Demon.”
Shaking his head, Seth teased darkly, “No, You’re the one who’s going to be sorry.  You have no idea who you’re messing with.”

A surge of darkness enveloped Seth, and in a single moment, he had lost his composure completely. Ripping loose from Reagan’s hold, Seth forced his power through a crack in the collar. The darkness leaked into his body and began to warp him. His eyes glowed animalisticly and his body seemed to fluctuate between physical form and shadow.
With a clawed hand, Seth swung a blow at Reagan, tearing his shirt to pieces and drawing blood. He snarled dangerously, then lifted the man by his barbed tail. He was ready to end Reagan, ready to tear him apart and slowly suck out his soul.
“Let me show you true darkness” , he purred, “Give me the light of your soul”[/i]
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Mila gasped at what was happening in front of her. Blood splattered over the snow white pedals. Seth seemed more demon than ever in that moment. With a flurry of power she reigned in on Seth's leash so hard that he got pulled to the floor with a thud.
"Stop it! You'll kill him!" Reagan came closer to her.
She glared at him. "And you. Don't ever talk to my friend that way again. You deserved every bit of what you got. That being said, let me heal you."
She channeled her magic into Reagan and pushed out the remainder of Seth's black magic. The wounds healed quickly and easily.
Reagan took her hands in his. "Thank you, my dove. Your magic always makes me tingly with joy."
She yanked her hands back.
"I've had just about enough of you too. I'm leaving."
Dragging Seth away from Reagan by his leash, like a mother pulling her child away by its ear, Mila stalked off a few blocks then let the leash go just enough for him to not have any magic, but still be able to be far from her. She left him there and ran away. She didn't care where she would go, as long as she didn't have too see either them.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:53 pm

It was a frightening struggle of limbs and teeth, Seth had all but lost himself in his own dark madness.
Once he had been pulled off of Reagan, he felt his power gradually slip away. Mila had forcibly pinned him to the ground, her own magic pressing back Seth’s dark powers.
Furious, Seth snarled and snapped at her, he nearly hurt her and himself in his feral state. Once he had been completely drained of magic, he blacked out.

When he awoke, he found himself lying in the street where Mila had left him. He felt sick from exhaustion. Rubbing his throbbing head, he murmured groggily “Well, That didn’t go well.”
For a moment he just sat there trying to piece together everything that had happened.
’I lost control again... I gave in to the darkness just like every other demon. I gave in to myself.’
Biting his lip with frustration, Seth frowned, “”I messed up badly this time though…Mila probably hates me”
Getting to his feet, Seth dusted himself off and fled into a nearby alleyway. He didn’t want to track down Mila, he was ashamed of himself and too proud to apologize.

He spent the rest of the evening recovering in his cat-form. The roofs of the close-knit buildings proved to be an ideal hiding place for a stray like himself.
As he dozed off in the early morning light, he thought about Mila more and more.
He felt conflicted; A part of him felt guilty for almost hurting her, for betraying her trust. Another part of him felt angry. It was her friend who had pushed him over the edge, she hadn’t stopped Reagan. She had turned on Seth and hurt him instead of taking his side.
’I shouldn’t care though, she’s a human afterall...they are all the same.’
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:02 am

It was Mila's turn to not go back to the room. She stayed out until the sun came up over the horizon.
She sighed deeply and stood up, dusting off her dress.
She had to apologize to Seth. She shouldn't have let him get so much control of his magic but she also shouldn't have taken it away completely. And he had been justified in his anger against Reagan. Reagan could be a jerk.
A slight smile played on her lips. A date with Reagan. He had never given up in his endless pursuit of her even though she had no interest in him, but the thought of going on a date with him after what he had said to Seth made her want to scoff.
Boys were such thick headed things.
And to think she and Seth had almost... no matter now. she had to suppress any feelings she had for the demon if she were to do what Master had assigned her to. There was no room for feeling when you had to try to control a demon. After all, that is what Seth is. A demon. She had never seen him as such until he lost control with Reagan. Even seeing his demon form in the mirror hadn't put her off, but it was undeniable now. She had seen it. He had a destructive nature and she had to control it if he could not. They could still be friends though... Right?
She stopped in front of the door to their room. Taking a deep breath she entered. Seth was sprawled on his bed, still sleeping. Of course he was, it was dawn and he slept until noon.
She sat down on the bed next to him. Staring at him now it was hard to believe he was the same guy who had snapped at her with blood lust in his eyes.
She lightly touched his shoulder.
"Seth, Wake up. I need to talk to you."
She flinched away as he jerked upright out of his sleep.
She took a deep breath to calm herself. She was never afraid of him before, and she had no reason to be now. He had no magic.
"Seth... I..." He cut her off with a glare. She loosened her hold on his magic a little. "Sorry..."
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:03 am

Seth eventually returned to the Inn. He was surprised to find their room empty, Mila hadn’t come home.
’Where Is that girl? its not like her to say out late’
Exhausted, he sighed and flopped down onto the bed, “She’s probably with Reagan” Clenching his hand into a fist, Seth growled, “This is annoying. Having no magic is annoying!”
He was struggling to stay awake now, Mila had constricted the flow of his magic drastically. The way things were going, she could keep in a sleep-like state as long as she wanted too.
Wrinkling his nose in frustration, Seth rolled his eyes, “She probably doesn’t understand what she’s doing…I need to rest now”
Closing his eyes, Seth slipped into a deep sleep. Seth’s thoughts transformed into dreams, terrible and wonderful dreams of his home in the demon Realm.

When he awoke, He stared groggily at Mila. She briefly apologized for waking him.
”I’m tired, where have you been?” He murmured grumpily.
He felt her loosen her hold over his magic. Feeling slightly more energetic and not like a complete zombie, Seth commented sharply, “For a moment there I thought you were going to run off with your prince and leave me here like sleeping beauty.” Raising an eyebrow, he growled, “That wouldn’t be very angelic of you, now would it White Mage?”
It was clear that Seth was not happy about what had happened.
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Mila sighed. She was too tired to start a fight.
"You know I would never pick Reagan over you. I'm sorry I had to take away your magic, it's just... Master assigned me to you to condition you into this world. I guess a grew careless by letting you access so much of your magic, but I never thought you would actually hurt anybody... Not like that... I guess sometimes I just forget that you are a de... a very powerful mage." She didn't want to say anything to offend him. She wanted to be ok again, she hated fighting with him.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:43 pm

Seth couldn’t look Mila in the eye, he was growing more and more agitated with her.
“As a demon in a human’s world, I guess I don’t get a choice in this ‘Conditioning’ thing, do I?”, he muttered bitterly.
“Did you ever think that maybe I don’t want to adjust to your world? That maybe I just want to go home to the demon realm?”
Standing up, he paced through the room. His eyes began to darken, “How would you like it if you’re magic was taken away Mila?” Flicking his ears back threatening, he continued to question her. “Do you even understand what you’ve been doing to me? Do you know that every time you give or take my magic, it throws me out of balance?… You’re the reason why I’m losing control of my powers. You’re the reason I can’t go home.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Mila flinched at his words. He wanted to leave?
"Well I didn't pick this mission Seth! And if you are going to go around attacking people for saying stuff that offends you then I have no choice but to take away your magic! Do you ever think that maybe I don't like doing it! You are my friend and I don't like taking your magic away but it is my mission to help you and I am sworn to do my best to fulfill my missions. I'm sorry being around me is so bad for you. I'm sorry you can't go home. I'm sorry you hate me so much, but you are stuck with me so deal with it or go ask the guild master to assign you to someone else! You might hate this world, but it is my home."
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Mila's anger and words seemed to worsen Seth's temper. He couldn't take it anymore, He finally snapped, "Well maybe I will! Hell living in a bottle is better than putting up with a fake friend like you! Friends don't keep each other prisoner!"
Seth felt himself shaking now, angrily he knocked over a vase that was in his way, it smashed it to pieces on the floor.
He fumed,"At least with me gone, you can go about your perfect human life with your perfect human f#ckboy."
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:33 pm

"Light you are so goddamn self centered and childish! If you want to know what it feels like to be kept a prisoner I will just cut off your magic for good and keep you on a meter long leash! As for my 'f#ckboy' maybe i will go on that date with him after all, since that is the only thing you seem to talk about and you keep throwing him at me like I did something wrong! At least he won't insult me or drone on like a child having a temper tantrum! I am so sick of trying to make your life here pleasurable when all you do is mope around and complain about me doing my job!" Mila went to fetch her coat and started to the door. Anywhere would be better than in a room with Seth.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Mila stormed out, slaming the door so hard behind her that it creaked on its hinges. Still fuming, Seth pressed his back against the wall. He stared hard at his feet. His bangs hanging over his eyes as he forced back tears. A stab of regret had already begun to bult up inside his chest. He had gone way too far this time.

A few hours had passed since Mila had left.
Seth had gone out into the street to find her, but so far he hadn't had much luck. She had blocked her magical presence from him, making it difficult to locate her.
He scoured the rooftops as a cat, hoping to catch a glimpse of her pink hair in the streets or through a window.
'This is my fault. I shouldn't have yelled at her...Where are you Mila?'
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Mila stalked down the street wiping away tears. She made her way to where Reagan was staying.
If I am going to get trouble for it I might as well do it. Some mature company would be good right now.
She knocked on the door and after a few moments Reagan appeared shirtless to answer. Mila was taken aback and looked around awkwardly avoiding eye contact.
"Did you forget about our date?"She asked.
"Well we hadn't actually set a time... but let me go get dressed and i will take you somewhere nice."
A few minutes later they walked into a cafe. A nice little place, with beautiful cakes on display. After ordering, Reagan looked at her intently.
'Would you like to tell me why you were crying?"
"No, I would not." she said flatly.
"It was the demon wasn't it?"
"Can we please not talk about him, I thought this was a date, aren't you supposed to woo me or something?"
"My, he does have you in quite a state. You really aren't acting like yourself at all... I suppose it is a lot to deal with, working with the person who murdered the count and all..."
Mila suppressed a cough. "What?"
"You know, the count he killed on your last mission. Master told me all about it. Gruesome scene, it sounds like. I can't imagine who would do something like that in front of a lady like you. You really don't have to put up with it. Master can reassign you and you can be safe and far away from him."
Seth killed the count? Where did he get that idea? Unless... She thought back on the meeting with the count, he had asked Seth to stay behind.
He took the fall for me...
Suddenly she felt sick. She had been so mean to him and he confessed to murder so she wouldn't get in trouble.
Her fury shifted. She glared at Reagan, who was still going on about how bad Seth is and how she shouldn't be around a demon. "You know what, Reagan? Seth might be a demon, but he is a hell of a lot funner to be around than you are. You don't know the story of the count. I... Seth saved my life by doing what he did, otherwise he would never have..."
"What? Attacked a man? I think we both remember how he acted toward me yesterday..."
"Did you ever think that you might have deserved it? You have been nothing but rude to him. That isn't the guild's way. I never liked you, you are an arrogant, mean person and I would rather spend a year with Seth than suffer through another second here with you."
She got up to leave and he blocked her way.
"No one talks to me like that. You think you are special just because you are the guild's strongest member? Think again. I can beat you any time. You had better learn your place." He grabbed her arm.
She yanked her arm away from him. "You will never be able to beat me, or have me. Give it up. I am better than you are at magic, that has always been a fact. If you moved on and focused on things other than seducing or upstaging me, you might have a chance to be great, but right now all you are is a petty man who can't get over a childhood feud." Anger blazed in his eyes and he pulled back his arm to punch Mila.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Just as Seth was about to give up on his search, a familiar surge of magic pulsed through his body. He twitched his whiskers, clearly surprised.
He recognized it as the Mila's energy; Their link had been restored. Working quickly, he tracked down her location and made his way towards a petit cake cafe near the edge of town.

As the shop came into view, Seth's intelligent eyes recognized a whirl of pink hair through the cafe window. There you are!
He was about to approach but paused awkwardly when he saw Reagan standing beside her. They were on a date...
Seth's ears flicked back uncomfortably. I shouldn't interrupt them...she probably does want to see me anyway.
He was about to walk away when suddenly a commotion came from the cafe. He heard glass break, and when he turned around, he saw Reagan grab Mila forcibly by the wrist.
She struggled against his brute strength, Reagan's fist pulling back for a blow.
Narrowing his eyes angrily, Seth made his move. In a second he had taken on his shadow form and whisked his way through the street and into the cafe. When he materialized, he stood in front of Mila, his arms stretch out protectively in front of her.

Reagan's punch hit Seth square in the face, but he did not budge or flinch. The look in Seth's eyes were hateful and dangerous. His cheek was bruised, while the slightest trace of blood trickled down his lip.

"Is that all you've got big guy?...you shouldn't hit a lady."
Shoving Reagan backwards with surprising strength, Seth threatened, "Don't you ever touch my friend again."
The security guard outside seemed to hear the commotion. With a disruptive yell, he came to their aid and began to usher Reagan outside of the cafe.
Once Reagan was outside and occupied with the officer, Seth turned to Mila. He took her in his arms and apologized, "I am so sorry for everything. I was angry, I didn't mean the things I said...are you okay?"
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:54 am

Mila's heart skipped a beat when Seth appeared in front of her. She tensed as Reagan's fist connected with Seth's face. She was sure he was going to lose control again, but instead he turned to her.
"I am so sorry for everything. I was angry, I didn't mean the things I said...are you okay?"
A smile spread across her face and she wrapped her arms around him.
"I'm fine. I'm sorry. Let's just leave this whole mess behind us?"
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Seth nodded, “I agree, Let’s put this behind us…I don’t enjoy fighting”
Mila still seemed quite shook up from the day’s events. Concerned, Seth wrapped an arm comfortingly around her shoulder, “Let’s get out of here Princess… you look like you could do with some tea.”  

Leading Mila outside, Seth took her by the hand and made his way towards a small Japanese-styled restaurant.
The shop overlooked one of the town’s three canals and to Seth’s enjoyment; it housed a large number of brightly coloured koi.
Selecting a table that overlooked the moonlit canal, Seth pulled back a chair for Mila. Once they were both seated, their waiter came through to greet them and take down their orders. Seth let Mila order first, then placed through his request of green tea and sushi.
When their waiter had left, Seth turned his attention back to Mila. A mysterious smile played upon his features as he studied her gaze. “We have Koi in the demon realm too. We’re not allowed to harm them though...they are seen as sacred to our kind. Would you like to know why?”
When Mila nodded, Seth grinned thoughtfully and began to explain, “All of our realms are connected through water. Koi are the only creatures able to travel freely between our worlds without magical intervention.”
He proceeded to chat to her about a few more legends, then listened curiously as she explained a few that human’s believed in
When their tea finally arrived, Seth poured the liquid into two cups. Offering one to Mila, he then sipped at his own. He seemed distracted at first, it was clear that something was still bothering him.
“I need to properly apologize for today…I really hurt your feelings earlier. Everything has just been so crazy and surreal. ”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:41 am

Mila bit down on her sushi while Seth talked.
“I need to properly apologize for today…I really hurt your feelings earlier. Everything has just been so crazy and surreal. ”
She looked at him thoughtfully.
"We both said things we didn't mean. It's fine."
They were quiet for a while.
"I found a nice bath house nearby. Maybe tomorrow we can go there and just relax a bit? I think we both need some time off."
Seth agreed enthusiastically. When they finished their meal the walked back to the inn. Before entering Mila grabbed Seth's hand. He stopped and turned to her.
"Hey Seth. Do you really miss the demon realm that much?"
Her hair hid her eyes from his. She knew he wasn't thinking straight when he said it, but something about it made her think.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:47 pm

"Hey Seth. Do you really miss the demon realm that much?"
Seth turned to Mila, He could tell from her body language that particular thought was bothering her. He smiled and gently brushed back the hair from her face, “I do miss it, it’s my home after all… but I know that I will see it again.”

The following day Seth spent his time relaxing and recuperating his magical energy. For most of the morning and afternoon, he cuddled up as a cat in the windowsill, greedily soaking up the warm sunlight.
Mila used her time to catch up on her reading, occasionally reading aloud to Seth; who would jokingly recite a passage or two from some overly dramatic novel.

When the sky began to darken into night, the two friends decided to head out to a local bathhouse.
The bathhouse made use of the mountain’s hot springs, which were rumored to have excellent healing and rejuvenation properties.
While Mila got dressed in the other room, Seth simply removed his clothes and waded into the hot water stark naked. Nudity clearly didn’t bother him.
The warm water trickled over his tense muscles and he felt immediately more relaxed.
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:38 pm

Mila tied her hair up messily so it wouldn't get wet and secured a towel around herself before entering the hot spring. Seth was already in the water. She climbed in slowly and settled in the hot water. Suddenly Seth stood up and moved closer. Mila blushed a deep crimson and her hands flew over her eyes.
"y... you.... you're naked Seth!" Seth simply shrugged it off and came closer. He was staring at her intently. She was avoiding looking at him at all.
"What...?" She squeaked. Suddenly she realized he was staring at the curse mark branded into her neck.
All of a sudden she felt very insecure and covered it up with her hand.
"I haven't felt anything... odd, in a while. Nothing like that night with the count. I try not to think about it though. It's like a darkness in me that boils over sometimes and I don't know how to control it..."
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:37 am

"I haven't felt anything... odd, in a while. Nothing like that night with the count. I try not to think about it though. It's like a darkness in me that boils over sometimes and I don't know how to control it..."
Seth thought about this carefully, the curse mark had been transferring dark magic directly into Mila’s body. This was why she had been losing control; her magic was out of balance. He also knew that it was quite dangerous to mix dark and light magic together because they were polar opposites. Her body could take physical damage if they weren’t careful.

Trying not to worry her, He smiled, “Dark magic tends to cling to your emotions, you probably already know but light magic does the same. We just need to get that curse mark removed and then things will be fine again.”
Sinking back into the warm water, Seth purred, “Don’t worry about it though, I’ve thought about it and there are a few methods we can use to try and remove it.”
A flirty and rather cheeky expression seemed to play on his features, “For example, I could try and suck the darkness out of you, but that would a little dangerous… and naughty”

Last edited by Mirrormoth on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Mila blushed and hurriedly excused Seth's idea to suck the dark magic out of her. And image of his lips on her neck. She felt very hot all of a sudden and excused herself to go get dressed. While she was drying off she thought of what Seth had said.
foolish, silly... Ugh! why was he so.... so.... ugh!
What other ways had he thought of? He couldn't have been serious about sucking the darkness out. Could he?
They returned to the inn and settled into bed. Mila was taken again by fitful nightmares that kept her trapped in her sleep. The darkness taking over and her losing control, killing everyone in the guild. The guild turning against her for what she had done to the count. All sorts of nightmares haunted her. All through them there had always been this shadow of a being. It beckoned to her to follow it, but always disappeared. If only she could catch it. She knew it could take it away. Somehow she knew that if she could just catch up to it all of this would stop. She fought against tendrils of darkness lashing out at her and twisting around her. There it was again. The shadow. It beckoned to her again. This time she would catch it!
with a burst of light she banished the tendrils from her and flickered to where the shadow had been. Yet when she got there it was gone again. She looked around. There is was few paces, or maybe miles? It was hard to tell distance in a dream. The shadow kept beckoning to her to follow and she obeyed. Flickering from spot to spot for what seemed like hours, she couldn't relent. She had to catch it.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:08 am

Once they had finished up at the hot springs, Seth and Mila made their way back to the Inn.

Deciding to get an early night’s sleep, Seth jumped into bed and made himself comfortable. He closed his eyes and quickly drifted off into a deep sleep. A few hours later a loud bang echoed through the apartment. Seth awoke with a start and nearly toppled out of his bed. ”What the Hell? What was that?!” Turning his attention to the front door, he saw that it was wide open and swinging on its hinges.
“Mila?”
Looking over his shoulder he saw that her bed was empty. A scream from outside caught his attention and rushing to the window, he was shocked to see Mila darting through the streets in her frilly pink nightgown.
“Mila?! What are you doing?!”
Rushing downstairs, Seth darted after her. He wasn’t sure why she was running through the street. It wasn’t like her to go outside in the dark, especially in her night clothes.
“Mila! Stop!...”

Seth continued to chase her down. They sprinted right through the town and into the mountain forest.  Seth wasn’t sure if Mila would ever stop, but she eventually came to a halt. She stopped and stood in front of the figure of tall man. When she turned around to face Seth, a pulsating glow emanated from the mark on her neck. Her eyes were black and empty
Clenching his teeth, Seth growled threatening at the strange man, “Who the hell are you? And what have you done to Mila?”.
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:42 pm

"Who I am is none of your concern. This is the last time we will see each other." As the man finished his sentence he and Mila disappeared into a cloud of mist.
Mila awoke in a dark room. Her hands were tied with a satin ribbon which Mila recognized as angels thread. It was a thread from the White magic realm used to neutralize the magic of captive mages.
"You are finally awake, my lady." The dark figured man was looking at her from the corner of her room. "Your parents are thrilled that you are on your way home."
Mila stiffened and her eyes grew wide with shock. "m...My parents?"
"Why yes. they are the people who hired me to capture you. Good thing I marked you the last time I saw you, otherwise you might never have made your way to me again."
"Listen, I don't care what they are paying you, I will give you more. Please just don't take me back."
"I doubt you could afford to give me more. Besides, I get to see the look on your guild master's face when he loses his best mage." A dark smile played across the man's face and Mila's heart sank. There was no getting out of this.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:10 pm

When the stranger had finished his sentence, a whirl of mist began to cover the ground. Realizing what was happening Seth quickly reached out for Mila.
“Stop! Mila!”
As he closed his arms around her, she dematerialized and drifted away in the mist. In an instant, she was gone.
Clenching his teeth, Seth dropped to his knees in defeat. Slamming a fist into the earth, he yelled, “How could this happen! I let her slip right through my fingers…I’ll kill that man! He better not harm her!”
Feeling his fingernails shape into claws, Seth focused his dark magic.
“Stay calm…Stay focused...You can’t afford her.”

Once he had composed himself, he focused on changing his physical form with the magic that he had. He needed Speed, Sight of Night and a keen sense of smell.
His body warped and trembled, his appearance became more and more cat-like until he was completely transformed; He was sleek and pather-like, his 4 luminescent eyes blinked dangerously. This form wasn’t as grand as his true demon-form, but it was all he could manage for now.

Taking in the remnants of Mila’s scent, he had tried to reach out to her through the leash. No success, something had blocked off their connection.
With a snarl, Seth tried a different angle; he sniffed out the scent of corruption magic. The stranger had been using corruption magic when he had activated the curse mark, perhaps Seth could use this to his advantage.

'There you are... you're going to regret not covering your tracks'
With a fierce roar, He set off in the direction of the scent. His legs burned with strain as pushed on through the night to find Mila.

By the time he spotted the carriage of the Dragonwing Guild, it was already late Morning. He had lost a lot of time and knew that he needed to finish things fast.
With one final burst of energy, he cried out and swerved his body into the side of the carriage’s wheels. A sickening crack could be heard, followed by the whine of wood and metal as the carriage’s front wheels burst into splinters.
Breathing heavily, Seth tasted blood and felt bruises forming over his side. Not the best of his plans, but it had stopped the carriage.

“Let the girl go and I might let you live!” , He yelled threateningly.
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum