Eatingjellybeans n' Role-playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saberfang

2 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Saberfang  - Page 9 Empty Re: Saberfang

Post by Mirrormoth Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:25 am

As the group discussed their plans for war, Seth silently mulled over the clans that still roamed the demon realm. Would they really follow him just because he was the true king?
In all honesty, he didn’t think that they would. When he closed his eyes and concentrated, he could sense the state of the realm; The Hautloss had caused immense damage to the lands, it had pillaged his people of their homes, possessions and families. He could only imagine how angry the demons were; how angry they would be with him for leaving things like this for so long.
He would have to regain their trust somehow….

The conversation eventually came to a conclusion, the decision was that Darcia, Drayce and Mila would head back to Human realm to rally the army. Seth and Nero would remain in the demon realm to unite the clans and prepare for the arrival of the army. The group clearly needed time to digest this idea; War was a concept that they had discussed countless times but actually arriving in the demon realm made it feel all too real.

They decided to set camp. Seth and Drayce went out to hunt for meat, while Darcia, Nero and Mila set up the tents and prepared a fire. This section of the realm seemed peaceful enough, possibly one of the few areas still untouched by the Hautloss. When the men returned with their kill, Nero cooked up the meat and served them willow boar stew. It had a strange nutty taste, very different from the meat in the human realm.

Once Seth and Mila had finished up their meal, they decided to go for a walk through the glowing fields…They needed some time to talk things out.
The pained expression Mila carried, it mirrored Seth’s own feelings. He didn’t want to think of the pain they would have to bear once they were separated across realms... It scared him.
“So…are you keen to see the members of the guild again? I’m sure that they have missed you?”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

https://eatingjellybeans.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:33 pm

"Yeah i suppose." Mila couldn't think of anything except being away from Seth.
"How long do you think it will take?" She could feel that he was upset too. They had been together for so long and gone through so much she couldn't imagine being away from him now.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:32 am

"How long do you think it will take?"
Seth stared out over the glowing fields, “I don’t know… it could take weeks, months, maybe even years.” Running a hand over his temples, he sighed in frustration, “We have around 30 different clans to visit. The worst of it is that I know that some of them have signed allegiance with the Hautloss, I know that they are waiting to attack me on sight.
Seth touched the rough bark of a nearby tree, he seemed weary. It was as though the stress of the situation had gradually eaten away at him.
“If we cannot win favour with the majority of the clans, we will lose this war.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:57 pm

Mila sent a soothing energy through their bond. She felt so helpless. He was under so much pressure and she couldn't do anything to make it better. She wrapped her arms around him.
"Well we will get through this. We have to. You will be a great leader and anyone who doesn't follow you will regret it in the end. If you ever need me I will be there."
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:46 am

"Well we will get through this. We have to. You will be a great leader and anyone who doesn't follow you will regret it in the end. If you ever need me I will be there."
Mila’s embrace gradually began to soothe Seth’s fears away. He closed his eyes and held her tight. He knew that she was right in what she said, they would get through this, they always did. He ran his fingers affectionately through her pink hair, “Thank you Mila, I should be fine now… I guess I am just over thinking things. Its weirdly overwhelming being back in my own realm.”

A distant call from Nero echoed overhead.
Flicking his feline ears towards the direction of the sound, Seth sighed “I guess we should head back and help with preparations, we have a busy day tomorrow after all.”
Taking Mila’s hand, the pair headed back towards the camp sight to rest.

The Following morning came, and Seth who had fallen asleep up in an old oak tree, suddenly opened his eyes wide. A strange scent came wafting through the air, the fresh scent of demon’s blood.
He immediately jumped down from the tree, knowing that fresh blood meant that their enemies would be close behind. He woke Mila via their bond, then proceeded to wake, Drayce, Darcia and Nero.

“We need to move now, The Hautloss is on our tracks.”
Nero frowned, still half-asleep as the sour scent hit his nose. He stood up and stretched out his massive wings, “We need to open the portal before our enemies arrive… Seth, Drayce help me.”
Aiding Nero with the completion of the portal ritual, Seth channeled his magic into the roughly sketched out symbol on the ground. They had done some preparations for the portal the night before, but rushing these things like this was rarely a good idea. He wasn't sure if it would work.
With his power honed onto its task, the portal to the human realm slowley began to tear open. It was wobbly and clearly unstable, but it would be enough.
“It’s open, hurry through! I can see them coming.”

In the distance, a group of five terrifying insect-like beasts came crawling towards them. Summoning his bow, Nero took aim and crippled one with a shot to the neck. “I’ll hold them off, Hurry through!”
Drayce quickly helped Darcia through the portal first, then he offered out his hand to help Mila through.
Seth glanced back at her, he knew he wouldn’t see her again for a long time, “Be safe my love. We will meet again”
With that said Seth transformed into his demon form, A striking black panther with light crystals protruding from his old scars. The crystals glimmered with power, they were a reminder from a time before when he and Mila had fought against each other, accidentally merging their power in the process.
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 am

Mila stared at the beasts crawling toward them. She shot a barrage of light missiles toward them before climbing through the portal.

Once she got through the portal she was shocked at what she saw. They were still in the demon realm.
They had landed in a town that was run down and broken. Buildings were falling apart and the demons who lived there looked thin and sickly. It was worse than in the test they had undergone to gain the sacred weapon.

These demons didn't even look up at them. They seemed to stare into nothing. Theirs bodies hollow and fragile.
"These poor people. The hautloss has banned all trade with any clan who refuses to follow him. They have been strong. but i fear they may die for it." Darcia whispered,
Mila felt dread at this. If this is how it was in the demon realm would anybody be able to fight against the hautloss if Seth asked?

Taking her rations out of her backpack she broke it into as many pieces as she could. She filled it with magical energy that would amplify the nutrition inside and hopefully fill up some of these demons and help them regain strength.

"People of this town! The wait is over! The rightful king has returned and he needs your help! Take this food and go join him! He will supply you with what you need." She announced, dealing out food to those closest.

The words seemed to fall on deaf ears. They looked worn out and beaten down. As they ate the food they seemed to liven up somewhat but their spirits were broken. How could they ever put up a fight?
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 pm

Drayce glanced over the weary demons, he understood how they felt, His clan had been driven out of the demon realm by the Hautloss long ago. It had taken them years to recover and start again in the human world. He turned towards Mil, placing a hand on her shoulder “They do not believe us…Most believe that the royal family died out…what we should do is take these demons back to human world with us. My clan will provide refuge to them while they recover.”
Darcia overheard this and nodded her head in agreement, “It’s a good idea, but we only have one issue. How are we going to open up another portal to the human realm without Nero and Seth?”

Drayce rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he contemplated a solution, “Nero and Seth have started their journey, it will do us no good if we call them here…perhaps the demon’s here know of way? Let’s chat to them and see what they say.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:38 am

Mila, Drayce and Darcia set out trying to find a way to open another portal.
After hours of asking demons with lifeless eyes for an answer Darcia called the rest of them over. An old lady was talking to her.
'This lady knows of a place near here that is said to contain magical power. Many are said to have disappeared there. Maybe it is a portal ground?' Darcia explained.
The set out to find the place. It was in a desert like plateau not too far from the town. They saw what seemed to be a ruin. Mila could sense the magical energy from it.
'Even if we can make a portal, which i have never really tried, how will we keep it long and big enough to transport all of these people?' Mila wondered out loud.
'I have some experience with portals, although my magic is not as strong as yours, maybe i can guide your magic to do what i wish and if any of the demons in the town posses any magical ability they may be able to help?'
Drayce explained.
Mila felt uncomfortable at the idea of someone other than Seth using her magic, but she trusted Drayce and his intentions.

They went back to the town.
'Everybody hear me out! We would like to take you to the home of the Reptile demons in the human realm! You will be well looked after and everybody will have food and medical intention. Please if there are any magic wielders who can help us to summon a portal large enough to take everyone there we beg for your help!' Mila announced.
There was no response other than eyes being averted.
Mila felt a rage building inside her. After all they had went through to help the demons they didn't even want to try to help themselves.
With a burst of light Mila sent out an image to all of the demons around them. An image of her and Seth fighting to get the armour she proudly wore and the powerful sword that Seth carried.
'He is your king! he has fought for you! now fight for yourselves!' She yelled.
Suddenly she felt eyes shift to her and a small demon girl stepped forward. Her clothes were torn and her horns looked blunt and broken.
'I have a little magic, miss.' she whispered.
Mila felt a jolt. Suddenly more demons stepped forward and offered their magic.

Soon they were gathered by the ruin, focusing their magic and getting everyone safely to Drace's home.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:25 pm

With the demon’s all gathered together at the ruins, Drayce, Mila and Darcia began their preparations to open up a portal to the human realm. It was difficult without Nero’s expertise, but luckily Drayce could rely on Mila and the other demon’s power to stabilize the gateway.
Once the portal had been fully stabilized, Darcia took the intuitive to help the demons through. It took a nearly an hour to move everyone over to the human realm and by the time they had finished, Drayce and Mila were completely exhausted, their magic spent.

Returning to the human realm, the group landed in the middle of the reptile demon’s fort. They needed a moment to recover and adjust to the air and atmosphere there. The demon realm held far more magical power, the air there was thick with it. The human realm held far less and this change proved to be a shock to the body.
Sitting down on the cobblestone floor, Drayce breathed heavily and ordered a few guards to tend to the weakened group. The guards seemed surprised by their leader’s sudden appearance out of thin air, but they obeyed all the same. Darcia who had not used as much magic also assisted them.

A while later a guard approached Drayce and Mila with news of the Saberfang guild.
“My Lord and Lady, the Saberfang guild has agreed to stay with us at the fort. When you feel ready, Guild master Owlen wishes to speak with you both.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:30 pm

It had been so long since Mila had seen Seth. Her heart ached every time she thought of him, but today was worse. In the two years that they had spent apart, each doing their own part to ensure victory in the demon war, they had checked in with each other ever day. But not today. Seth had missed their usual psychic call and Mila felt a weight in her stomach.
Something was wrong...
She couldn't leave to go to him, she knew that. They were on the brink of war and the final battle plans were being drawn out. They were mere moments from everything falling into place. She opened the door to the meeting room where Drayce, Darcia and the other leaders stood. Peering over a map on the table.
Mila examined the pawns they had placed. Checked every portal point and went over every team and their assigned duties. Years of planning had lead to this.
A sudden pain shot through her body. She kept herself from heaving.
Seth
She felt the warmth of the crystal that she had hung around her neck. The crystal Seth had given her. It was supposed to summon any creature she chose.
She ripped the crystal from its chain and cupped it in both hands. Closing her eyes she focused everything she had.
"Bring him to me."
With a flash of light Seth appeared before her. His body covered in blood. He was unconscious. She could feel the blood drain from her.
"Bring every healer we have!" Mila ordered as she set out. Feeling every wound and pouring her magic into him.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum