Eatingjellybeans n' Role-playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of the Bands

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Battle of the Bands Empty Battle of the Bands

Post by Mirrormoth Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Character Form:

Name: Kyte Cyril
Languages: English and Spanish
Ethnicity: Spanish
Race: Human
Birthdate: 5 December
Blood type: AB+
Personality: Extroverted, Spontaneous, Outgoing and Energetic.
Build: Athletic
Height: Short
Skin: Olive Skin Tone
Hair: Short Brown Hair, Spiked Pixie Cut
Eyes: Amber (Left Eye), White (Right Eye)
Physical Flaws: Blind in his Right Eye (Usually wears an Eye-Patch)
Left/Right handed? Left Handed
Sexual Orientation:  Pansexual
Relationship status: In a relationship with Allison (Well Sort Of…)
Voice: Sounds abit like Adam Young (Vocalist from Owl City) or Trevor from (Vocalist The Last Night)
Occupation: Vocalist in the Band (Pocket Virus) / Model/ College Student
Current residence: Student Apartment Block, Visits his family home on the weekends
Interests/Hobbies: Insects, Candy, Kawaii Things, Music, Anime and Manga
Talents/Skills: Singing, Dancing, Guitar
Favourite Colours: Rainbow
Favorite Song: Space Oddity - David Bowie
Fashion Style: Kyte wears a lot of bright coloured clothing. He was definitely inspired by the street fashion in Harajuku. (Decora fashion, Oshare Kei fashion ect.) He also has a tongue ring, but most people don't notice it.

Family:
Mother: Lorenza Cyril (Mexican) – Famous Actress.
Father: Rafael Cyril (Spanish) – Famous Film Score Composer and Record Producer
Siblings: None
Pets: Ball Python (Named Noodle)

Friends/ Band Members:

Allison (Best Friend (Pocket Virus Drummer) –She is secretly lesbian and uses her relationship with Kyte as a means to hide her sexuality. Kyte is aware of this of course and plays along to protect his friend from her parents and the media. They have been best friends since childhood.
Markus (Pocket Virus Guitarist)
Kenzo (Pocket Virus Bassist)

Short History:
Kyte left his homeland when he was around 10 years old, He doesn’t remember much of his time living in Spain but frequently tries to pry his parents for details about his childhood. Lorenza and Rafael seem to be very secretive about what happened.
“According to cut-outs in old newspapers and information scavenged from the internet, His parents had gotten involved with the affairs of the Mafia. They had apparently decided to leave the country shortly after Kyte’s eye had been injured.”

Their new life in Euroyoto City wasn’t too bad though if anything the move proved to be a huge success. Kyte’s mother re-established her occupation as an actress, cleaning up her sullied reputation and making it big with film studios all over the world. Kyte’s father also proceeded to work on successful Film scores for movies and even opened up his own recording studio.

By the time Kyte was 12 years old, his life had changed drastically. His mother seemed hell-bent on securing him a future career within the film and music industry. Every day after school, he would come home to additional classes of dancing, music and acting (Which he was terrible at).

When Kyte turned 16, he and his friend Allison decided to start their own band. They did it for fun and eventually roped in two more members, Markus and Keizo. Naturally, their secret band didn’t stay secret for very long and soon they debuted as the band ‘Pocket Virus.’
Kyte currently attends College and performs in the band after-hours.

Last edited by Mirrormoth on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

https://eatingjellybeans.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Bands Empty Re: Battle of the Bands

Post by Polotheweirdo Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 pm

Name: Trent Mason
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Nature: Introverted.
Build: Muscular / Athletic
Height: Tall
Skin: White, lightly tanned, weathered
Hair: Dark red, medium/short, unruly. Either casually spiked (when performing), or tousled side fringe.
Eyes: Pale blue.
Physical Flaws: Large scar across his chest, small bump on his forehead, under his fringe.
Style: Casual Grunge, usually wears a white tank under an open button-down shirt, either black or checked. A few piercings, faded jeans, and boots.
Voice: Breaking Benjamin

Personality:

Positive Traits:

Brave.
Optimistic.
Passionate.
Motivating.
Hardworking.
Loyal.
Caring.
Dedicated.
Supportive.

Negative Traits:

Stubborn.
Closed Off.
Secretive.
Occasionally Irritable.
Unforgiving.
Dishonest.
Defensive.
Meek.
Passive.

Backstory/ History:
Mother: Catherine Mason (American - deceased) - Housewife and Fashion Addict.
Father: Nathan (Nate) Mason (British - deceased) – Head of IT security at a big company.
Siblings: None
Pets: None (likes snakes)

Band Members:

Luke (Best Friend (Heroes Never Die Vocalist)
Envy (Heroes Never Die Guitarist)
Adam (Heroes Never Die Drummer)

History:

Trent had a pretty normal childhood; his family were fairly well-off, so he went to a private school, where he met his best friend and neighbour, Luke. The two were inseparable throughout their middle school careers, until Luke's family moved away. They stayed in touch, but only saw each other once every other month, since both were busy with highschool. Both vowed that when they graduated, they'd make sure to attend the same college and liver together again, as roommates. Unfortunately, shortly after graduation, Trent was involved in a car accident which killed both of his parents. This exposed numerous credit card debts that his mother had been hiding, which immediately drained the family's nest egg, and forced Trent to sell their suburban home. He was left on the street with no money to afford a new home, but enough to get by. He lived this way for almost a year, making a living off bartending and working nighttime security shifts where he could find them. He had cut off contact with Luke entirely, not wanting to show weakness, and endure sympathy and handouts.

One night after his security shift at a club downtown, Trent encountered an armed robbery taking place in a nearby alleyway. Two assailants (pretty obviously drug addicts, he thought) were threatening a young guy who seemed way too drunk to deal with the encounter wisely. The incident quickly got violent, and Trent - always one for acting first and thinking later - leaped to the victim's aid, landing a staggering punch on the nearest assailant. It knocked him hard against the wall of the nearest building and, in what can only be described as a very unfortunate freak accident, the last bolts holding the rickety fire escape stairs gave way, and the whole structure came crashing down, crushing the stunned robber, and knocking Trent out cold. When he came to, he was in Luke's room at college. It turned out the drunk guy he'd saved that night was actually his childhood friend, and so in a very roundabout way, their plans came to fruition, and they lived together with an unspoken agreement to never discuss the events of that night. With Luke covering his half of the rent for their residence, Trent was able to get a student loan to pay for his college tuition, which he pays for by working nights, and playing bass in Luke's band.

Rock and Metal, especially Black Veil Brides.
Playing Guitar / Bass.
Cars and Engines.
Chewing on pens.
Jogging.
Skittles. (Like, a lot.)
Playing Cards.
Mighty Beans (He has a collection.)
Guitar Hero.
Romance Movies.
Singstar. (Not that he’d tell anybody.)
Videogames.

Dislikes:

Pop Music.
Action and Superhero movies.
Dancing. (A lot.)
Bullies.
M&Ms.
Maths and Science.
Serious Discussions.
The News.

Fears:

Darkness.
Birds.
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:44 pm

College was weird. Trent had been here a year, but it was still weird - Luke kept saying he'd get used to the people who showed up at class in their pajamas, cursing quietly into cups of Starbucks coffee, and the wannabe-hippies who spent their time lecturing strangers in the cafeteria on why they were terrible people for not going vegan, while they sprayed their own filthy hair with dry shampoo from a company that had just lost an animal testing lawsuit. But, well, it still just seemed strange to him. Their problems were so... Normal. So trivial. He didn't see why they had to make such a big deal about it all. Then again, he supposed he was like that once too. Each to their own, and all that. He sighed quietly.
"Hey, Trent."
"Hm?" He blinked at the sound of his voice, shaking off his daze.
"Yo, Earth to Trent" Luke waved a hand in front of his face, "Are you even paying attention, Man?"
He swatted the hand away with an irritable grunt. "Yeah, I'm listening."
"So you understand what's happening?" Luke raised his eyebrows.
"I didn't say that."
"You're gonna fail this class if you don't start paying attention. I've seen your results."
"Yeah well, you're in 3rd year taking a second year class. So what would you know."
"That's exactly why I know!" Luke laughed, rubbing his face wearily. "I already failed once, you don't have to do the same. You don't get a refund, you know."
Trent grimaced, "Ugh, okay, I get it." He sighed again, yawned, then turned his eyes to the front of the class, resting his chin heavily on his hand while the lecturer in front droned on and on about... something. His eyes glazed over.
Eventually, the motionless corpses surrounding him began to reanimate, and amongst the sudden bustling noises, he jerked back to attention and climbed to his feet, quickly packing his books back into his bag. Luke had already slung his open backpack over his shoulder. "Come on, hurry up," he nagged, tapping his foot anxiously, "I want to get a spot with a good view of the cheerleaders". Trent raised his eyebrows at his friend's cheeky grin, then chuckled and zipped up his bag. Cheerleader-watching (AKA lunch) was Luke's favourite subject. He supposed it was his too, but for a kinda different reason. The food reason.
"Go on then," He shooed his friend, "You go get us a good spot. I want to check the notice board first, see if anyone's selling a secondhand criminology textbook."
"Okay nerd" Luke shrugged, flashing a wink, "But don't take too long, or all the good ones will be taken."
He did not mean the doughnuts. Sexist jerk. He's okay though, Trent thought, rolling his eyes as Luke ran (like, literally ran) towards the door, pushing through the escaping crowd. He could just be a bit thoughtless somtimes. With another yawn, he fed his arms through the straps of his bag and hoisted it onto his back, then began to trudge toward the door, rubbing his eyes with his fists. This whole 'study during the day, work during the night' lifestyle was killer.
When he reached the notice board, he stopped, letting the flood of people flow around him, and started scanning for the book he needed. In the top left corner was a familiar white poster, scrawled with the words 'Heroes Never Die' in a big, bold font. He smiled a little. At least he had one thing to look forward to this weekend, besides catching up on two weeks' worth of Criminology readings.
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:22 am

Horrified, Kyte’s eye wandered over the piece of paper before him. Its surface held scrawls of messy ink, most of it in dreaded red. Peering quietly over his shoulder, Allison squinted to read the result of Kyte’s exam, “Oh man, your mom is going to kill you”
Scratching his head, Kyte let out a nervous laugh, “Yeah no kidding! I studied pretty hard for this one too.”
The girl let out a sigh of disbelief, adjusting her glasses as she responded, “Well at least it’s not a complete failure, but you’re going to have to do better if you want to pass this year, Kyte”
“Yeah, I know”
The boy pouted with an expression similar to that of a dejected puppy, “I suppose I can’t ask you to give me a recap on this section can I?” Allison narrowed her eyes, her expression both scheming and thoughtful as she examined her childhood friend. “I might help agree to help you…but only on one condition”
Slapping his hands together, Kyte raised them above his head, “Anything!”
She considered him for a moment, then pressed a page into his hand, “You have to finish learning the lyrics to my new song, ’Sugar Pill’. I want us to play it this weekend”.
Excited, Kyte eagerly began to read through the lyrics. He beamed peevishly; they were strangely romantic, unlike Allison’s usual work.
“So… this song, was it written for anyone in particular?”
The girl blushed, her face red as a tomato, “Pfft! As far as anyone is concerned I wrote it for you.” Slinging her satchel over her shoulder, she made her way towards the door. Glancing over her shoulder, she called out, “I’ll come over tomorrow to run you through your exam...Don’t forget to practise my song!”

Once Allison had disappeared, Kyte packed up his books and headed out. He was done with his classes for the day, well at least his college classes. He grimaced, he didn’t even want to know what other tasks had already been arranged in his schedule. Couldn’t a guy his age at least have one afternoon to rest and play video game.

The building grew quiet as students hurried towards the lunch hall and their additional classes. Padding through the hallway, Kyte’s eye scanned through the lyrics on the page. Subconsciously, he began to hum out the melody of ‘Sugar Pill’. He was clearly concentrating very hard on the task at hand and didn’t even see the student standing in front of him.
Walking straight into a tall red-haired boy, Kyte flopped backwards onto the ground with a confused thump, The page floating neatly onto the floor beside him.
“Opps! Sorry about that…I was probably on auto-pilot again. I hope that I didn’t hurt you?”
Looking up at the boy he had just walked into, Kyte grinned awkwardly, “I should really watch where I’m going.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:54 am

Trent grumbled under his breath as he scowled at a piece of paper in front of him, advertising the textbook he was after for a whopping $50. It was the only one, but the seller had some cheek slapping such a hefty price tag on- THUD! "Wha-" Trent staggered sideways, startled, as something soft struck his shoulder. He turned around to see the student who'd collided with him flop to the ground, looking mildly perturbed. "Whoa, sorry man, I didn't see-"
"Oops, sorry about tha-"
They spoke at the same time. Trent grimaced and laughed, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.
"I was probably on auto-pilot again. I hope that I didn’t hurt you?” the stranger continued, “I should really watch where I’m going.”
"Nah, man." Trent laughed, offering a hand, "I need to learn not to stare at notice boards so long and take up the whole damn corridor. You good?" He pulled the boy up, and awkwardly brushed some dust off his shoulders. The janitor around here didn't work very hard. Not that Trent blamed him. He'd watched the old man cackle through his beard once when a drunk student had slipped in his friend's vomit, and that had made him smile. He could relate to the feeling of providing unpleasant services to ungrateful, spoiled brats. If he was that janitor, he wouldn't clean more than the bare minimum either.
"Hey, what's that?" His downcast eyes suddenly fell onto the stray paper, with a title, 'Sugar Pill', neatly etched across the top. "You drop this?" He picked it up, curiosity getting the better of him, and quickly scanned the lyrics. "Man, this is  seriously cheesy..." He read a little more, then, "...Okay, that's kinda cute." He paused a moment longer. "This is good stuff." He extended the page toward the boy opposite him. "I've never heard of this. Did you write it?"
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:04 pm

”You good?”
Grasping the stranger’s outstretched hand; Kyte chuckled and got to his feet, “Yeah, I’m all good! A bit dusty, but then again a little dust never killed anyone, right?” The man seemed to smile at this, then assisted Kyte with patting away some of the dirt from his shirt.

"Hey, what's that?...You drop this?"
Kyte turned his attention to the page on the ground, It seemed to catch the stranger‘s eye. Inquisitive; the man bent down to pick it up. Taking a moment to register that he had dropped Allison’s Lyrics, Kyte scratched his head, realization dawning on him, “Oh snap! guess I did. It would be a bummer if I lost that.”
He watched curiously as the man’s pale blue eyes scanned over the Lyrics of ‘Sugar Pill’. He was rather interested to see his response.
"Man, this is seriously cheesy...”
Shrugging with clear amusement, Kyte laughed, “I know right? But to be fair most love songs are cheesy and over the top. I suppose it all depends on how it’s sung”
Once the man had finished reading the page, he passed it back to Kyte.
”Okay, that's kinda cute… This is good stuff. I've never heard of this. Did you write it?”
Folding up the page and storing it safely inside his satchel, Kyte grinned, “No, unfortunately, I am not that creative. My girlfriend actually wrote this. She is pretty good with poetry.”
Rubbing his chin, Kyte turned towards the notice board. He took a moment to locate the ‘Summer Band Smash’ poster. Pointing towards it, he added cheerfully, “You’ll probably hear this song if you go to the music event this weekend” Kyte’s amber eye seemed to light up with secret excitement. He had toured with ‘Pocket Virus’ before back when they had just released their first album, so he knew the ropes of big-stage Concerts. Small festivals were still his favourite performance venues though; They were waaaaaay less stressful and ten times more fun.

A buzzing noise suddenly broke the silence. Confused, Kyte reached for the cellphone in his pocket. He frowned, slowing reading the caller ID...it was his managing agent!
Awkwardly excusing himself, Kyte bent his head and apologized, “Sorry friend, I’ve got to go, but I’ll see you around soon.”
He had already sprinted down the hallway and was practically halfway out the door, when suddenly he stopped and called over his shoulder, "Hey! I didn't catch your name?!"

((I’m thinking that the Summer Band Smash should be kinda like RAM fest. So ‘Heroes Never Die’, ‘Pocket Virus’ and one or two other bands should be there. This post was kinda terrible, forgive me Polo-Sama!!!!))
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:24 pm

His girlfriend...? Trent felt his eyebrows raise, and cleared his throat to hide his surprise. Somehow he hadn't expected the kid to be- Well, the girlfriend-having type. "Huh. She must be a decent lyricist." Trent replied, trying not to sound too taken-aback. The other man pointed to a poster on the wall. Summer Band Smash. Trent smiled, nodded.
“You’ll probably hear this song if you go to the music event this weekend”, he sounded excited. "Yeah," Trent agreed, cracking a smile, "I reckon I'll be there." He started pointing toward the 'Heroes' poster, but before he could explain that his band would also be playing, they were interrupted by a distinctive buzz, and the other boy excused himself. Trent's arm dropped lamely to his side.
“Sorry friend, I’ve got to go, but I’ll see you around soon.”
"Sure, yeah." Trent smiled, a little disappointed. He'd enjoyed this kid's zany character. Something about his energy was contagious. It had almost made Trent forget about how tired he was; almost. As the other man darted away (how could any student have so much energy?!), Trent looked back at the poster for the weekend's event. Actually, he was looking forward to it. His eyes started scanning the band list. He wondered which of the names belonged to his new friend's girlfriend?
"Hey!"
"Hm?" He turned around. That guy had stopped in the doorway.
"I didn't catch your name?!"
"Oh!" Trent grinned, "It's Trent. Wait up a moment-" He jogged over, quickly scrawling on the back of the sale notice for that textbook, "Here," He ripped off the corner, "That's me- Trent. My number. Give me a call before the weekend. My band's playing too - I'd like to meet up." He tapped the piece of paper. "We're Heroes Never Die."
"See ya!"
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:51 pm

Kyte’s expression seemed to light up as he read over the digits on the paper. Storing it safely inside his jacket pocket, he piped cheerfully “Seriously?! I’d love to meet up.”
Tucking his satchel under his arm, he shook Trent’s hand and politely added, “My name is Kyte by the way… I’ll guess see you around soon“
With a handsome wink, he disappeared through the door, descending hastily down the stone steps and practically diving into the back seat of an idling Mercedes Benz.

……………………………
A Few Hours Later
…………………………….

Opening the front door of his rainbow-hued apartment, Kyte wearily dragged himself inside. It was around 11 pm when he lasted checked the clock.
He yawned sleepily, Another hectic day jam-packed with the lessons, photo-shoots and band rehearsal. Not that that was usual for him or anything
At least I’ll have some free time on Wednesday... Maybe I should drop Trent a message and see if he wants to hang out?
The idea seemed to rekindle a tiny bit of Kyte’s energy. Committed to his decision, he padded through the kitchen, grabbed his supper; ‘which consisted of cup noodles’ and then retreated towards the lounge area.

Kicking off his shoes, he crashed onto one of the couches.
Making himself comfortable between the colourful cushions, he then began to search his jacket pockets for his cellphone. It took him a few minutes to retrieve it and Trent’s number from the wads of candy wrappers.
Scanning the scrap of paper once more, he then turned to his phone and began typing up the message.
………………
Hey Trent
It’s Kyte here.
Sorry messaging you so late, I just got home.
I wanted to know you are still keen to hang out? I have some free time on Wednesday.

Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:30 am

Trent waved Kyte off with a smile that immediately turned to a grimace when the boy was out of sight. He slapped a palm to his face. I forgot to ask his name... Ugh. Oh well. It wasn't like he was some socialite - at least he'd made a new friend today. Shrugging off the awkwardness, Trent resumed his route to the cafeteria, absently studying the ripped poster as he went. Maybe Luke could lend him 50 bucks - just until his next paycheck.

23:00. Trent looked at the glowing blue dials on his watch and stifled a groan, running a hand wearily through his hair. Just 4 more hours, and he could go home. To get up in another 4 hours.
"Um, excuse me?"
"Hm?" Trent was jerked back to reality by a female voice, and an obviously-fake ID book flapping in his face. "Oh, sorry." He took the ID, shone a torch on it, and looked with raised eyebrows at the girl who was clearly at least 5 years younger than the one in the poster. She smiled brightly. "It's $10 cover, right?"
"Yeah." he handed the ID reluctantly back. It's not like she was that young. Probably 19. If he turned down every teenager with a fake ID, he'd be out of a job. With a flirty wink, she fished a few $10 bills from her bra for herself and her friends, which Trent took with a polite smile. The group giggled girlishly as they scurried into the club, and Trent pulled a face. Just then, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. The queue had cleared , so he leaned back against a wall and fished it out, eyes quickly scanning the text.
………………
Hey Trent
It’s Kyte here.
Sorry messaging you so late, I just got home.
I wanted to know you are still keen to hang out? I have some free time on Wednesday.

Trent's lips twitched when he saw Kyte's name. So he had made a new friend after all. Kind of a cute one too, objectively. His smile lingered as he began composing his reply.

Hey Kyte, good to hear from you.

Not too late at all, I'm still out working. Unfortunately I'm bartending Wednedsay, but if you like the bar scene I could meet you in my break. It's at that new alternative club downtown, 'Sticks n' Stones'. I'll buy you a drink.

-Trent

Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Finishing up his usual supper of ‘Cup Noodles’, Soda and Twinkies, Kyte grinned with satisfaction, “Phew that hit the spot. I feel way better now.”
Tossing the wrappers and plastic into a nearby bin, He then glanced over towards the coffee table where his cellphone and Allison’s song lay. He had done some preparation for the song during today’s rehearsal, but he still felt as though it were missing something.
Frowning, He mulled over the lyrics.Maybe if I throw in some Spanish towards the end of the Corus? I don’t know, but it should fit the beat…Yeah, let’s test that theory
Jumping up from his spot on the couch, Kyte jogged over towards a wall displaying a few of his guitars and band posters. Picking out his favourite acoustic, He enthusiastically began to finger out part of the melody to ‘Sugar Pill’.

“Does it matter if I’m not real?
All that matters is how we feel.
I was sick and torn apart
Now your sugar pill is fixing my heart.”

Finishing off the rest of the chorus in Spanish, Kyte cheerfully strummed out a few additional notes just for fun.
“Yeah…I think that should do it, but I’ll run it past Alley just to be sure”
Packing away his guitar, Kyte headed back towards the coffee table to retrieve his cell phone.
He was delighted to find out that Trent still awake. Excited, he opened the text:

Hey Kyte, good to hear from you.
Not too late at all, I'm still out working. Unfortunately, I'm bartending Wednesday, but if you like the bar scene I could meet you in my break. It's at that new alternative club downtown, 'Sticks n' Stones'. I'll buy you a drink.
-Trent

Kyte had to admit, he was surprised to find out that Trent was still awake and working. He pondered over the idea of visiting the new club; it was a very enticing offer. He definitely enjoyed good music, drinks and a dance floor.
Picking up his cell, he began to type up a response:

……………………..

That sucks, I hope that you aren’t working too late tonight.
Wednesday sounds like fun, I’m very keen.
What time does your break start?

- Kyte
…………………....

(Can I time skip to Wednesday Evening? I don’t think that there is too much happening on Tuesday anyway. I’m assuming that they met on a Monday XD)
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 pm

The days passed by quickly and before Kyte knew it, Wednesday had already arrived.

Cheerfully zooming down the sidewalk on his skateboard, Kyte eagerly followed after Allison’s bicycle. They had just finished up their last class and were on their way to his place for lunch.
When they finally arrived at his apartment, Allison did her usual rounds of inspection - Mostly inside the kitchen. She then lectured him afterwards on ‘Healthy’ eating; explaining once again that Oreos, gummy bears, crisps and Ice-cream were not part of an acceptable lunch or supper.
Taking control of lunch preparations and practically banning Kyte from the kitchen, Allison whipped up some chicken wraps for them. Kyte didn’t complain, he enjoyed her cooking and happily munched away at the food she made.

When they had finished eating, Allison checked in with Kyte on their plans for the evening, “So what time are we heading through to the club? I say ‘we’ because there is no way in hell I’m letting you out to a party venue alone again.”
Embarrassed Kyte, ran a hand awkwardly through his hair, “I’ll be there with Trent. (So I won’t technically be alone) I’m thinking of heading through at around 9pm…anyway last time wasn’t so bad. I have some self-control you know.”
Allison smirked at his response and raised an eyebrow, “I suppose getting carried away, dancing on tables and blacking out in a dodgy alleyway is your definition of 'self-control'.”
Kyte stuck out his tongue out defiantly, “Well we all have our own definitions for words, I guess.”
Allison rolled eyes, "I just can't win with you... Can I?" Thoughtfully, she added, "On a side note, what are you planning to wear this evening? Your outfits are usually kinda colorful and loud (Eye blisteringly Bright), you'll stand out like sore-thumb in an alternative club."

(I picture Allison to be a bit of a goth girl, so she can at least assist with toning down Kyte's fashion for the evening XD. She'll go with Kyte to Club and meet up with some of her girlfriends. So she’s not going to be in the way at least.)
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Beep beep beep! Beep beep beep!
"Uuuurrrrgh!" Trent groaned, rolling over and pulling his pillow over his head to muffle out the obnoxious beeping from his bedside table. The volume was increasing steadily, but he could ignore it as long as he just kept pushing that pillow down. So what if he couldn't breathe?
With a grumpy whine, he threw the pillow aside and took a gasp of air, then slapped the off switch on the alarm, and turned to glare (with a face like death) at the far-too-bright face grinning back at him from the couch.
"Couldn't you have stopped it for me?" He huffed grumpily at Luke. His friend just laughed.
"What, and miss your daily episode of 'is life worth living'? Not a chance!" With a laugh, he hopped up and walked over to their shared kitchenette, grabbing a steaming mug from under the coffee machine. "Here." He handed it to Trent, whose scowl finally turned to a smile as he inhaled the hot coffee fumes.
"Thank you Luke~." He trilled, singsongy.
Luke winked. "I know you've been working hard. You'll need some energy to get you through the night. Besides, you slept through your last alarm. You'll be late if you don' get ready quick."
Trent rolled over and checked his clock. After 6pm. Luke was right, he had taken an early shift for the day so he could meet with Kyte, so he was starting work at 7.
He quickly gulped down the rest of the coffee, clambered out of bed, and wiped his mouth, then started pulling on clothes in between a series of grumbles and moans. He slipped on a black dress shirt and a pair of dark, slim jeans, then quickly buckled his watch to his wrist, and checked his hair in the mirror. Scruffy.
Growling irritably under his breath, he squirted some hairgel into his palms, and raked his fingers through his hair, trying to tame the beast enough that he could look just a little smart. He finally darted out the door at 6:45pm, leaving him just enough time to get downtown before his shift.

The club was loud, but the music selection was great, and the mixing wasn't bad either. Trent flashed a grin as he finished shaking a margarita, and poured it out into a salt-rimmed glass, sliding it toward a pretty blonde girl at the bar. She returned his smile as she took the drink, and stuffed a few dollars into the tip jar. It paid to be a little flirty. Rolling up his sleeves, Trent folded his tattooed arms on the bar, leaning over to take the orders of the next loudly giggling group. "So. What can I get you ladies?" He asked, cracking the crooked grin. "We've got a special on cinnamon-chili vodka running until 10, if you feel like something hot?"
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:58 pm

Taking an Uber downtown, Kyte and Allison arrived at their destination.
The club had been set up in one of those retrofitted warehouses; its exterior purposely preserved for that industrial, grungy look. Heading towards the illuminated doorway, Kyte briefly stood in line and waited for the bouncer to attend to him. When the bouncer eventually got to him, the older man scrutinized Kyte’s ID book with a hard eye. He didn’t seem all that convinced that the boy was indeed the correct age. Reading over the ID booklet once more, he sighed with annoyance and reluctantly allowed them through. Quickly paying the entrance fee, they headed up stairs into the club.

The interior of the club held a modern aesthetic to it. Its floors were made from silver-flecked black marble, while the walls were decorated with vinyl posters and exposed face-brick. Kyte even noticed a small stage in the corner for live bands.
Closing his eye, the boy allowed himself to be greeted by the familiar sounds and scents of rock music, cigarette smoke and sweet alcohol. Grinning enthusiastically, he chimed “Now that is the sound of a real party! I wonder if there is an event on tonight?” Straightening her black dress, Allison shrugged, “Yeah they sometimes they have a karaoke event here on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The prizes are pretty solid if you’re into that kind of thing.”
Interested, Kyte considered this for a moment, “Yeah that could be fun, but first let’s go grab some drinks. I’m dying to say hi to Trent”
Allison nodded before pointing towards a red-haired girl on the dance floor, “I think that I see one of my girlfriends over there. I’ll catch up to you” Chuckling at Allison as she hurried off in her ridiculous platform boots, Kyte then turned and made his way towards the bar.

He silently hoped that he didn’t stand out; Allison had helped him with his outfit tonight, so he was certain that he looked ‘okay’ at least. His attire consisted of a lavender collared shirt, black waistcoat and skinny jeans. A thin purple collar with an upside down cross hugged his throat. He looked like a pastel goth, honestly, it suited him rather well.

Focusing his attention on the familiar silhouette behind the bar, Kyte pulled up and chair and took a seat. He was rather surprised by Trent's professional appearance, he looked great.
Kyte smiled cutely when Trent’s gaze met his, “Hey Trent, Wow I nearly didn’t recognize you there. You know that you can make good money off being a model right?”
With a wink, Kyte added playfully, “If you are keen I can hook you up with a gig?”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:32 am

"Cheers" Trent grinned, bumping glasses with a pretty Indian girl at the bar. They both tossed back their drinks, and shuddered at the burn that followed. The girl giggled in delight, spluttering a little vodka down her chin. "It's good, right?" Trent chuckled back, flicking a napkin at her with a skillful spin of his wrist. It helicoptered into her hand, and she grinned as she patted her chin.
"Thanks for the drink." Trent said.
"Hey" she winked at him, "Nobody should have to tend a bar without getting to sample the merchandise. It's cruel."
"I'll drink to that!" Trent laughed, waving her off with a salute from his empty glass. She danced her way back into the crowd, and Trent made his way across the bar. He'd just seen a familiar face arrive.
“Hey Trent," Kyte greeted him, flashing a cute smile.
"What's up?" Trent smiled back, leaning in towards him.
"Wow I nearly didn’t recognize you there. You know that you can make good money off being a model right?”
"Hah!" Trent spluttered with laughter, slapping a hand on the bar. "Yeah, I don't know about that man."
“If you are keen I can hook you up with a gig?” Kyte teased playfully.
"Oooh, a gig, huh?" Trent asked with a swagger, pouting his lips, and making his best 'smoulder' face. "There's not much I wouldn't do for minimum wage. Where do I sign up?" He held a straight face as long as he could, then cracked up, running a hand through his hair, slightly embarrassed.
"C'mon, I'll mix you a drink before I take my break. This is a fun one."
Trent signaled the other bartender, who starter announcing a drinks special, then he ducked down to grab some glasses from under the bar, swining them out onto the counter in quick succession, until he had 13 lined up. The second the last one was in place, his coworked cracked open a redbull and threw it to him. It spun a few times before Trent caught it, upright, and poured it out, then quickly repeated the same with the remaining glasses. Finally, he balanced shot glasses on the edges between, grabbed the bottle of Jägermeister from behind him, and with an impressive flourish, poured the liquor into each of the shot glasses. He paused a moment, met Kyte's eye, and with a cocky twitch of his eyebrow, he dropped one final shot of Jägermeister into the first glass, simultaneously toppling each of the remaining Jäger shots into their respective Redbull glasses with a domino effect. He raised his arms to accept a cheer from the crowd that had gathered, then pushed a glass toward Kyte, grabbed one for himself, and vaulted over the bar, leaving his coworker to dispense the rest of the drinks.
"What do you think?" He grinned, "Pretty cool, right?"
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:21 pm

"C'mon, I'll mix you a drink before I take my break. This is a fun one."
Curious, Kyte observed as Trent began to mix the drinks. He felt his mouth widen into an excited smile, it was like watching an acrobatics show between the bottles and Trent’s fingers. A line of stacked glasses ran along the bar counter, Trent finished off the show by pouring a final shot of jagermeister into each shot glass. One by one the glasses began to topple over into their respective tumblers, cries of delight emanated from the gathered crowd.

Gratefully accepting the drink that had been slid towards him, Kyte took a swig and watched as his friend vaulted over the counter to join him.
"What do you think?...Pretty cool, right?"
“Yeah! That was crazy awesome. Where did you learn to do that?”
Making their way through the club, the pair headed towards some couches near a quieter section of the club. Plopping himself down onto one of them, Kyte took another hearty swig of his drink. He enjoyed the rush of caffeine and alcohol through his system.
“Dude, I am so stoked for this weekend. I checked out some of your music up on spotify, those are some seriously sick tunes. You’re the bassist for ‘Heroes never Dies’ right?”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:50 pm

“Yeah! That was crazy awesome. Where did you learn to do that?” Kyte replied, his enthusiasm making Trent smile. "One of my coworkers at a bar I used to work at also taught flair bartending classes. He showed me a few tricks."
Pushing through a throng of dancing people, the pair emerged into a quieter section of the club, flopping onto the comfy couches in the corner.
"Dude, I am so stoked for this weekend." Kyte burst out energetically, "I checked out some of your music up on spotify, those are some seriously sick tunes. You’re the bassist for ‘Heroes never Dies’ right?”
"Yeah, that's right. I always play support." Trent laughed. "I think our band's pretty good though, I'm lucky I get to play with them. My friend Luke is lead singer, and he has an amazing voice." He was quiet for a moment, running a finger around the rim of his glass. It made a soft ringing noise.
"Hey," Tent lifted his finger and pointed at Kyte, jerking back to reality, "I don't think I ever caught the name of your band. I want to make sure I see you guys perform this weekend. Hopefully our times won't clash."
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:49 pm

Kyte noticed how Trent’s expression seemed to falter. He couldn’t help but wonder if there was some kind of tension between the members of ‘Heroes Never Die’.
Patting his friend on the shoulder, he piped happily, “I agree, I think that you guys have a lot of potential to make it big. I rate that all you really need is a little more exposure.”
Trent seemed to consider this for a moment.
"Hey, I don't think I ever caught the name of your band. I want to make sure I see you guys perform this weekend. Hopefully, our times won't clash."
Kyte blushed, he was happy that Trent was so keen to check out their performance. Grinning shyly, he chuckled, “Don’t stress about the times, we’re playing dead last. It kinda sucks, but hey, what can you do.”
Draining his glass, the boy savored the sweetness of his drink, “My band is called Pocket Virus, I’m the lead singer.” Staring out over the dance floor, he cheerfully pointed out a girl with long black hair and glasses, “That’s Allison by the way. She’s the one who wrote out the lyrics to ‘Sugar Pill’.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:37 pm

“Don’t stress about the times," Kyte replied with a grin, "we’re playing dead last. It kinda sucks, but hey, what can you do.”
"Nah, last is great!" Trent enthused, "They always save the best bands for the end. You guys must be one of the headliners then."
“My band is called Pocket Virus, I’m the lead singer.”
Trent raised his eyebrows, impressed. He had heard of Pocket Virus - he was pretty sure they'd already been on tour. He remembered Luke saying something about it.
“That’s Allison by the way." Kyte added, pointing towards a pretty, dark-haired girl on the dancefloor, "She’s the one who wrote out the lyrics to ‘Sugar Pill’.”
"Oh, nice. So she's the creative then?" Trent smiled, "I gotta say man, I'm impressed! I didn't know you were in, like, a real band." He rubbed the back of his head and laughed sheepishly. "I've heard of you guys a couple of times. I've gotta say I've never heard your music though. I'm looking forward to it." He nodded toward Allison. "She's a good lyricist. I'd like to meet her. I've done some songwriting for 'Heroes'. And I came up with the name." He smiled, not quite sure if he should feel proud or embarrassed. "Luke used to just play under his own name, but we kind of decided it looks better for a Rock band to be a unit." He shrugged, "This whole 'one guy with a band behind him' thing is just too 'Pop', you know? I couldn't let him turn himself into Justin Bieber." Trent pulled a face, laughing. Yeah, sometimes Luke needed saving from himself. He was a good guy, but he could be a little overconfident sometimes. And he wasn't enough of a bad boy to make the 'arrogant lead singer' image work.
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:25 am

"She's a good lyricist. I'd like to meet her. I've done some songwriting for 'Heroes'. And I came up with the name”
Kyte grinned, his eye gleaming with awe, “That’s quite impressive, you should be proud Trent. Allison always tells me that creativity is one of the most important parts of music. It keeps things fresh, y’know”
Trent seemed to agree, his lips curling upwards into a smile, ”Luke used to just play under his own name, but we kind of decided it looks better for a Rock band to be a unit. This whole 'one guy with a band behind him' thing is just too 'Pop', you know? I couldn't let him turn himself into Justin Bieber."
Kyte had to restrain a snort of laugher; he totally understood where Trent was coming from, “Nope, from the Pop artists I’ve met, you definably don’t want Luke to end up like them!”
Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, Kyte added “ Dude, I’m really envious of people like you and Allison. You guys are so creative! I suck at writing – like I have tons of ideas, but I’m not great with putting them down on paper… Hopefully I can improve one day. Maybe I’ll phone you up next time I need advice…that is if you don’t mind of course?”

Hearing his girlfriend’s voice over the crowded room, Kyte turned his head and beamed. Allison was waving at them. “Well let’s go meet them? I’d love to introduce you guys.”
Making their way through the crowd, Kyte and Trent finally met up with the girls.
“Hey Alley! Are You and the girls having fun?”
Allison smiled in response, her cheeks flushed red. She was clearly quite tipsy at this point, “Yeah, we’re having a pretty good time…Oh? is this the friend that you were telling me about?”

She paused to inspect Trent, her gaze surprisingly cold as she met his eyes. Allison was usually a bit apprehensive and standoffish when it came to Kyte’s ‘friends’. This was out of a protective instinct; she had always looked out for him, often saving him from bullies when he was younger.
Softening her features, she finally gave Trent an approving nod. Offering out her hand, she greeted him, “It’s Nice to meet you, Trent, I hope that Kyte hasn’t been causing you any trouble.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:03 pm

“Dude, I’m really envious of people like you and Allison." Kyte said thoughtfully, "You guys are so creative! I suck at writing – like I have tons of ideas, but I’m not great with putting them down on paper…"
Trent smiled. He sure knew that feeling.
"Hopefully I can improve one day. Maybe I’ll phone you up next time I need advice…that is if you don’t mind of course?”
"Sure," He shrugged, "I wouldn't mind, but I have to warn you, I'm really not great. Luke does most of his own writing, I just add in a little here and there. Most of what I come up with doesn't make the cut." He smiled, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "But hey. You keep trying, you keep getting better, right? Maybe we should work on it together sometime."
At that point, a girl called out to Kyte from the dancefloor, and the two boys looked up to see a pretty, dark-haired girl who Trent assumed was Allison slowly making her way through the crowd toward them.
“Well let’s go meet them?" Kyte suggested, hopping up, "I’d love to introduce you guys.”
"Yeah, cool." Trent got to his feet, and they shouldered their way through the dancers until they reached Allison and her friends. They looked like they were having a good time. She and Kyte greeted each other, and then suddenly Allison's eyes locked on his, and Trent blinked, startled. Somehow, she made him feel like he was sitting in an interrogation room.
"Is this the friend that you were telling me about?” Allison asked Kyte as she looked Trent up and down. He shifted his weight uncomfortably, rubbing the back of his head again. At last she nodded, and Trent felt the pressure of the situation dissipate. He guessed he'd just passed some kind of test.
“It’s Nice to meet you, Trent," He took her outstretched hand and shook it, "I hope that Kyte hasn’t been causing you any trouble.”
Trent glanced at Kyte and grinned. "Oh, nothing but trouble." He teased. "First he almost knocked me flying in school, and now he's bumming free drinks off me at my workplace." He winked at Kyte, then added, "Do you girls want anything? I can go grab us some drinks. Employee discount." He rolled his name badge between his fingers, and wiggled his eyebrows teasingly. Luke had told him once that he couldn't buy friends with drinks. He had told Luke that he didn't know how 'friends' worked. You could get anyone to warm up to you with a few shots and a nice cocktail.
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:17 pm

"Oh, nothing but trouble…First, he almost knocked me flying in school, and now he's bumming free drinks off me at my workplace."
Rolling her eyes, Allison shook her head and smiled, “Yeah that sounds about right.”
Wrapping her arm around Kyte’s shoulders, she grinned and preceded to noogie his head. Unable to escape, the boy snorted with laughter and squirmed in protest, “Hey! No fair! I’m always good! I’m so good, I’m practically an angel.”
Clearly unconvinced, Allison giggled, “Yeah, Yeah… if angels had black wings and horns, then sure.” Releasing her friend, she watched as Kyte quickly retreated behind Trent. His hair looked ridiculous; like a Pomeranian that had been attacked by a leaf blower.

Trent seemed to come to Kyte’s the rescue at this point, "Do you girls want anything? I can go grab us some drinks. Employee discount." Taking the chance to escape any more of the girls ‘affectionate’ rough-housing, Kyte volunteered to join Trent. “I’ll come with you! Let me grab this round, I can’t let you pay for all of us.”
Allison and her two friends seemed keen on the idea of drinks, “Sure, sounds good. You guys can surprise us… Just don’t pick anything too sweet, Yes, I’m speaking to you Mr. Cyril.”
Peeking out from behind Trent, Kyte grinned, “I make no promises. Sugar is my one true love after all.”
The two men began to make their way towards the bar. As they did so, one Allison’s friend, Jenna, called out after them, “Wait! Are you guys going to join us for karaoke? It’s going to be fun.”
Kyte paused mid-step, “Hmmm…Maybe, I don’t know. We’ll see how things go…I might consider it if this guy here joins me.” Staring up at Trent, Kyte gleamed, “There’s a cash prize involved if we win, but then again you already know the rules, don’t you?
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:33 pm

“I’ll come with you!" Kyte offered, "Let me grab this round, I can’t let you pay for all of us.”
"Hey, thanks." Trent grinned, trying not to look too uncomfortable. He didn't feel right letting Kyte pay, but honestly, it was a huge load off. No way could he afford all those drinks and still go out and buy his textbooks for the semester.
The girls joked with Kyte a little longer about his sweet tooth, then they waved them off, and headed back to the bar, only to be stopped in their tracks when Allison's friend called after them, “Wait! Are you guys going to join us for karaoke? It’s going to be fun.”
Trent was about to laugh in response, when Kyte replied, "“Hmmm…Maybe, I don’t know. We’ll see how things go…I might consider it if this guy here joins me."
"Ha!" Trent snorted, "Yeah, I dunno man. I'm not much of a singer. I play bass, remember? Like, minimal musical talent."
“There’s a cash prize involved if we win," Kyte pressed, "but then again you already know the rules, don’t you?"
"Well, yeah, I guess..."
Trent pressed his lips together thoughtfully. Singing with Kyte, they could probably... Well, pretty much win this. And The $100 prize money, even split between them, could go a long way in making ends meet for the month.
"I mean, I suppose it could be fun..." He mumbled hesitantly, rubbing his chin. His palm rasped over the rough skin, and he pulled a face. "Ugh. I mean, okay, I guess, if you really don't mind partnering with the likes of me. Honestly, all I'm good for is backup." He laughed sheepishly, "But I'm not bad at that really. So yeah. Yeah! Let's do it" He grinned, "it'll be a blast!"
Flashing a thumbs up to Jenna, he raised his voice and called out, "It's on!"
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:16 pm

"Ugh. I mean, okay, I guess, if you really don't mind partnering with the likes of me. Honestly, all I'm good for is backup."
Nudging Trent in the side, Kyte chuckled “Oh Trent, you underestimate yourself, besides we’re just doing it for fun. If we win then that’s an added bonus”
Trent seemed to consider this for a moment. His handsome features relaxing slightly as he replied,"But I'm not bad at that really. So yeah. Yeah! Let's do it. it'll be a blast!"
Patting his friend on the shoulder, Kyte beamed confidently, “Awesome, that's the spirit! I promise that you will have fun.”

Once the pair had reached the bar, Kyte took Trent’s recommendation on drinks. He figured that being a bartender, Trent would know best what the girls would enjoy.
Buying a round of cocktails and shots for the group, Kyte packed the drinks neatly onto a tray before heading back towards the dance floor. Being on the short side, he had a hard time locating his friends. He had to peer through hordes of people before he was even able to see Allison and the girls.
Eventually, with some help from Trent, they managed to re-join their group. Handing out the drinks, they then toasted to the evening and downed their shots.
“Phew! that is some strong stuff. Good call Trent”, Kyte gasped through flushed cheeks. It was clear that the alcohol was starting to go straight to his head. Glancing at Trent, he added merrily, “Look the event is starting!”

The small stage at the centre of the club suddenly lit up. A man, who Kyte assumed was the manager of the club, announced the start of the Karaoke event.
Cries of delight and cheering commenced as groups of girls and boys took to the spotlight to perform. Some groups managed to pull off the songs pretty well, while others simply mumbled along to the words scrolling on screen. The drunken crowd in front of the stage, cheered regardless of ability.

When the time came for Kyte and Trent to perform, the pair made their way up to the stage. Kyte was too tipsy to really register any nerves, he just felt excited and keen to sing with his new friend. Adjusting his microphone, he passed one to his Trent, “Are you ready? Which song do you want to sing Trent?”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polotheweirdo Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Trent stared at the flashing lights over the stage, and breathed out slowly over his lips. Why was this so much more stressful than singing on stage?! Was it because Kyte was here? Because Luke wasn't here? Maybe he was just trying too hard to impress his new friend. He'd tried not to notice that Kyte was pretty cute, but yeah, he'd noticed. And it wasn't that he was interested or anything, but somehow still, the pressure to impress him was there. Trent rolled his eyes at himself. Time to suck it up, Buttercup.
When he saw a gap in the group milling around the stage, Trent grabbed Kyte's hand and they waded their way to the sign up sheet. He filled his and Kyte's names into an open slot, and they were handed a sheet with all the available kareoke songs. Then they hung back to wait, sipping on the last dregs of their cocktails. At last their names were called, and Trent tossed his back, then vaulted onto the stage, flashing a cheeky grin as he waved to some familiar faces in the crowd. Kyte passed him a mic, then, covering his own, asked, “Are you ready? Which song do you want to sing Trent?”
"Hm," Trent pulled the list out of his pocket, quickly skimming his eyes over the options until one stood out.
"Ah, here's a good one." He tapped it. "Linkin Park, 'What I've Done'. You know it, right?" He winked. Who didn't? "I've been singing this in the shower since I was a kid. It'll be pretty hard to fuck this up!" He laughed.
"So. You ready?"
Polotheweirdo
Polotheweirdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:29 pm

"Ah, here's a good one… Linkin Park, 'What I've Done'. You know it, right?"
With a lopsided grin, Kyte teased, “Now what kind of band member would I be if didn’t know Linkin Park?”
Entertained, Trent winked, "I've been singing this in the shower since I was a kid. It'll be pretty hard to fuck this up!...So.You ready?"
With a confident nod, Kyte tapped the song on the touchpad before him, “Ready! Now let’s show them how a real band rocks a stage”

With his microphone in hand, Kyte greeted the tiny crowd. Once he had their attention, he closed his eyes and listened as the music began to play. Taking in a deep breath, he opened his eyes and began to sing.

As he sang, his expression changed. He felt the mood of the music and sang it with heart. His voice syncing up with Trent’s as they passed through chorus after chorus, note after note.
He was surprised by the compatibility of their voices; Trent had undersold himself as back-up vocals. The man knew exactly how to support, amplify and enhance Kyte’s voice throughout the entire song.

When the song finally came to an end, Kyte’s features glowed with exhilaration. When it came to performing, He just couldn’t help himself - he had a policy to always give it his all, even if it was something as small as a karaoke event in a club.
Examining the crowd below, the boy was pleased to see them cheering raucously and having fun. The energy of the music had clearly been quite contagious.

Glancing curiously towards Trent, Kyte suddenly found himself blushing. His friend’s features were accentuated under the heavy spotlight of the stage, he looked gorgeous.
Is it weird that I keep staring at him... Yeah, I’ve definably had too much to drink. It’s time to go.
With a cheeky wink, Kyte smiled, “Thanks for tonight Trent, I had a goodtime” Taking Trent’s hand, he lead him off stage and back to the dance floor.
They spent some time dancing with Allison and the girls, but after 20 minutes it became clear that the alcohol had started to go straight to Kyte’s head. Leaning against Trent so as not to fall over, Kyte murmured cutely, “I’m pretty drunk now… Sooo before I pass out, I better head home. We still have class tomorrow.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum