Eatingjellybeans n' Role-playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saberfang

2 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Saberfang  - Page 8 Empty Re: Saberfang

Post by erasmusdane Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:13 am

Mila took to healing Nero. He was in worse shape than she had originally thought. He had broken ribs and blood and bruises all over. She still felt tired from Seth draining all her magic and she could feel him taking more of it as he fought against the beast.
"Nero, you really shouldn't push yourself like this. you should have just woken Seth and me, we could have helped too."
"All due respect, you had been asleep for 5 days, I was not sure I could wake you,"
Mila froze with a jolt.
"Four DAYS!?"
"Yes. You both completely drained yourselves. It takes at least a week to rebuild a magic reservoir fully. I can feel even now that you aren't as strong in your healing as you usually are. Just heal the worst of it. Bruises and small cuts do not concern me at all."
Mila fixed the broken bones in place and closed the worst of the cuts. She felt exhausted.
"Thank you. Now I suppose we had better find Seth. He could be in trouble too."
"He isn't badly injured. I can feel him on the island. That way." She pointed across the island.
Nero stared at her in wonder. "I still do not know how you did that. A link that strong should have killed at least one of you."
"Don't ask me either, I am just as lost as you are."
They started toward Seth.
The island was a thick jungle. It would have been much easier to fly, but Mila didn't know if she had the strength to lift off, let alone fly and Seth felt far away. She didn't have to explain this to Nero. He simply walked without even suggesting flying.
Mila stared at the bruised man. "You must be very dedicated to Seth. I know you have been his knight for a very long time."
"I have been with him since he was just a baby. I was only 100 years old myself at that time. Hardly old enough to protect myself, let alone a prince."
"But, didn't you come along from the heavens to protect the world against the hautloss?"
"I am afraid I am not as noble as that. I was sent up from the underworld. I left for a better cause. We could never have known how dangerous the Hautloss actually was. I had fought against it and nearly lost my life. We managed to seal it. But we knew it would not last. I was sent to the demon realm again to protect the prince. My father had held this position before me. He had looked after many generations of demonic kings. It is an agreement the angels and demons had come to long ago. A way to keep the demon realm in check if you will. My father perished to the Hautloss in the war and I, a simple child, was left with the important job of protecting a royal. I vowed to do my father proud. I trained at every opportunity. And then I grew to love Seth. I would gladly give my life to protect him, and by extension, you. I do not know what would happen if one of you were to perish. A link this strong has never been seen. I would very much prefer to not find out."
Mila did not know how to respond and so they walked on in silence
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:30 am

Taking in a deep breath, Seth focused his mind and searched for Mila. It was slightly difficult as both of them were extremely drained of magic, but he managed to reach her eventually.
Mila...I’m heading towards the temple at the centre of the island. It’ll take me a day to get there from where I am. Head towards the temple, I’ll meet you there.
Unable to hold the connection for any longer, Seth pulled away from her magic. He knew that she and Nero would be okay; at least they were not travelling alone. He mulled briefly on Darcia and Drayce, hopefully they would head towards the centre of island too.

Taking to his cat form, Seth began to travel towards the temple.
…………………………..

Nero walked wordlessly beside Mila. He noticed that she seemed preoccupied, was she able to communicate with Seth from this distance?
“Mila? Is something wrong? You seem distracted a bit distracted”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

https://eatingjellybeans.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:02 pm

"Seth is trying to say something, but he i breaking up. I heard temple and a day, but the rest was lost."
"Maybe we should go to the temple? He might be heading there. Chances are Drayce and Darcie will also be going there if they made it to the island." Nero offered.
"I guess so. It's getting darker now. Maybe we should find a place to rest for tonight? We have been walking for hours now. We should also try to find some food."
They came across some berries and Nero used his magic to move some plants into a tent formation. It wa barely enough for them to fit into, but it was thick enough to keep wind and rain out.
They sat and ate the berries they found.
"Nero, I know I haven't said it enough, but I really am grateful that you are here. Seth really doe need you, and without you I never would have been able to control his magic. You really are a great knight."
He smiled warmly at her.
"You are shaping up to be a fairly good knight yourself. You have blindly followed Seth into many dangerous situations and saved him almost as many times. We never really bring it up, but I am glad that he found a partner like you. I am happy to give him up for someone like you."
Mila could feel her cheeks redden. "You still love him don't you?"
Nero's smile turned sad. "I will always love him, but lately it feels more like the love a father has for a son. A proudness almost. Definitely an unconditional love, whatever it is."
Mila shivered and Nero moved in closer, wrapping a wing around her for warmth. She smiled at him.
"I guess he does have a way about him doesn't he? It's no wonder we fell for him. He i really lucky to have you. I'm glad you came for him."
"It is only my job."
Mila yawned deeply.
"you should get some rest. You are still very weak."
She nodded at him and settled into the tent.
Nero sat outside and stared at the stars for a few hours. He thought back on every moment with Seth and the pain he felt when he first saw him with Mila. He had been so jealous. Somewhere along the way however he had let go of that. He could see how Mila affected Seth. She had changed him in ways Nero never could have. They were so connected and so good for each other. A part of Nero wished he could have been that for Seth, but he knew never could and if he had to give Seth up to someone he was glad it was Mila.

Darcia washed up on the sandy beach, barely breathing. Drayce raced over to her and scooped her up. He rubbed her chest and held her close for warmth.
She weakly opened her eyes.
"Darcia! I am so glad you are awake!"
"Drayce? Where are we?"
It dawned on him that she had only woken up when they were attacked. "We are on the island of the royals. We have come for the sacred weapon. Seth brought us here. You were injured and slept most of the trip. We were attacked and washed up here."
"Seth? Oh yes. The prince boy..."
She really did not remember him. "Yes, the prince. I do not know where they are though. We got split up."
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:49 pm

When the darkness of the night had finally fallen over the forest, Seth stopped traveling and took to the trees for refuge. He made himself comfortable inside a hollowed out branch. It wasn’t long before he found himself drifting off into a deep sleep.

As he slept, his thoughts began to warp into a series of strange dream-like images. The first image he saw was of 3 birds; a white dove, a grey owl and a black crow. The next image was of an orb weaver, its abdomen golden and hourglass-like. Seth watched the bizarre spider curiously; It was weaving a massive web across the tops of the trees.
Out of the three birds that flew over the trees, the weaver’s web caught the crow. The crow struggled in its silken trap. One venomous bite from the weaver though and it was all over. The crow was dead within seconds, its feathered body limb.

Seth jolted awake, his heart beating fast. He took a moment to gather his thoughts. The dream… it was a dream, right? It felt strange though, it felt like a vision of sorts. He didn’t understand it.
With a cat-like stretched, he made his way out of the branch and back into the forest. In the distance, he could see the stone temple peeking out through the trees.
“I better not waste any more time…”

……………………………………….

Later that afternoon Seth finally reached the temple. It was an ancient building with 3 huge stone statues at the entrance. Each statue was of a previous demon royal in their mightiest of forms. Gawking at the intricacy of the stone work, Seth returned to his human form. He felt a ripple of nostalgia and sadness pierce through his heart. His fingers traced the stone statue of his father. His father’s demon form was frightening even in stone…

Hearing Darcia and Drayce in the background, Seth broke from his thoughts and turned his attention towards them.
“So you made it out of the ship wreck alive then?”
Drayce smirked and rolled his eyes, “Yeah no thanks to you.” Seth seemed rather entertained by this response. “You’re strong enough; I figured you’d be okay.”
He then politely turned his focus on Darcia, “It’s a pleasure to see you again Duchess, I hope that you are feeling better?” The Girl blushed and nodded, “My lord, I feel much better thank you”
“Good”, he purred charmingly
Flicking his ears, he heard footsteps approaching. Could it be Mila and Nero?
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 am

Mila woke up in a cold sweat. She had had the most awful dream. She could feel that Seth was unsettled too. She shook Nero awake.
"We need to get going."
He groggily sat up. "We shouldn't be too far anymore. how tired do you feel? Can you fly?"
"Yeah. But not for very long distances."
They set off toward Seth. The feeling of unease only grew for Mila.
When they landed near Seth she could see he was feeling the same.

Darcia was NOT happy.
"This is not how royalty should be treated!" she exclaimed and plopped down on a log. "I am hungry and dirty and tired!" She whined.
"I suppose we can rest here for the night. I shall start a fire for you and find some food." Drayce got to work and soon they had shelter and some food around a fire.
"There is a pond nearby if you would like to wash." He offered.
Soon Darcia was washing.
As Drayce was isolating the shelter he heard a squeal and ran to Darcia.
He found her between a group of monkeys that were flinging various things at her.
Drayce let out a mighty bellow in his demon form and the monkeys ran away in a scared frenzy. Which left Drayce staring at a naked Darcia. His face turned a bright red and he quickly apologized and ran back to the shelter. Darcia soon joined him and they didn't speak a word for the rest of the night.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Once Dracia had left to go clean herself up, Nero took charge of the situation. He organized everyone with tasks for the evening; Dracye would be in charge of the fire, Seth and Mila where to prepare shelter and Nero would organize food.
By the time everyone had completed their tasks, Darcia returned. She quietly joined the group around the fire and began to eat. Their meal for the night consisted of Shroomhare; a strange kind of demon rabbit that grew blue mushrooms on its back. The bizarre creature made for a good meal.

Once the group had finished eating, Seth turned to Mila and confided in her about the dream he had. He felt haunted by the dream, unsettled and uncertain of what it meant. Mila explained to him that she had seen the same dream, but the message of it eluded her too.
“Do you think that I should explain it to Nero? Maybe he can make sense out it? I mean it can’t be a coincidence that we both saw it.”
Nero joined them a few moments later, half over hearing the conversation. “Now what have you two been stressing about? You both look rather unsettled?” Mila and Seth looked at each other for a moment, then began to explain the dream to Nero. The angel seemed to grow pale as they ran through the details of dream. By the time they finished, a strange expression of fear and realization seemed to haunt Nero.
Clearing his voice, He added soothing, “I wouldn’t worry too much about it Seth, Dreams are fickle things. It’s likely that the magic from the barrier is just interfering with your sleep”
Seth didn’t seem too convinced, but didn’t press the subject further, “Yeah, maybe you are right.”
Nero raised an eyebrow, “I usually am…now, I think that it’s time for you two to wash up. It’s been a long journey.”
With a lazy stretch, Seth stuck out his tongue, “You know that I hate water Nero…”
Nero chuckled at this, ”Yes, but I also know that you also have Mila with you, and she is not going to want to share a tent with a dirty cat.”
Seth’s eyes flickered innocently towards Mila, “What do you say Mila? Think I can get away with being ‘Dirty?’”
Nero rolled his eyes, “Mila don’t put up with Seth’s acting. He needs a wash.” The older angel began to walk back towards his tent. With Nero and everyone else gone, Seth touched Mila’s hand, thentouched his lips to hers. The demon prince allowed his flirty thoughts to creep into her mind. “Come bath with me Princess?”

Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Mila could not shake the feeling that something was not right. Nero wasn't too convincing in his reassurance, but as Seth's lips touched hers she let all of her worries fade away. This was it. the last night they had before the war started. Tomorrow they would all be tested for the weapon that could decide the fate of them and the world.
Just for that moment, that night, Mila would forget about the awfulness all around them and maybe for the last time until the war was over she would feel his love and embrace it with everything she had.

She took Seth's hand and led him to a nearby pool. It was slightly concealed behind vines and the rocks surrounding it. The steady sound of the waterfall filling the pool drowned out everything else. Mila pulled off Seth's shirt and they slowly undressed each other, stealing kisses in between. They made their way into the lukewarm water and soon Mila was entwined in Seth and they moved as one. Her spirit, mind and body was his and in that moment she felt more alive than she ever had before. She loved him and she could feel his love for her. No words could explain the feeling she had.

This was it. This was the perfect way to end a life that came before the start of a war. And she felt confident that they would over come anything together.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Seth silently followed after Mila as she led him into the pool. The warm water washed over his naked skin and tensed muscles, cleaning away the sweat and dirt from the long day. He instantly felt better, his energy replenished and his body refreshed.
Hooking his arms around Mila, he held his girl close, admiring her beauty beneath the moonlight. Whispering sweet nothings into her ear, He proceeded to kiss her neck, her back and her mouth. Soon they were intertwined, losing themselves in precious minutes of love and pleasure.
……….

The next morning, Seth woke up with a start. A crackling electrical sound prickled through his ears. Tossing off his blankets he bolted outside to investigate the noise. To his surprise, he saw no danger, just Nero, Darcia and Drayce standing before the temple entrance.
A mysterious electric current seemed to ripple across the barrier surrounding the temple. Raising his feline ears curiously, he growled, “What are you guys doing?”
Drayce was the one to respond, “Glad that you are finally awake your highness, we thought that we’d get a head start on unlocking the barrier surrounding the armour” Seth grinned smugly, “You are aware it can only be opened using the blood of all three Royal families simultaneously”
Darcia piped in this time, “We know, but it doesn’t hurt to investigate the strength of the barrier while we are at it.”
Seth rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Well the least you could do was warn me before giving me the fright of my life, here I thought we were being attacked…” Making his way up the stairway, he added grumpily, “Well, we are all here…shall we get this ritual started already.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Mila followed Seth to the others. They stood in front of a giant door with strange markings Mila assumed were demon language. Nero explained the ritual to her and the royals bean to chant. In turn each of them cut their hand and Mila gathered the blood in a bowl, then she went to the door and smeared the blood over the lock. A few seconds later the chanting had built up to a climax and abruptly it went quiet. The door shone with a bright light and opened.

Inside was a giant room filled with Mosaic and shining riches. Mila followed the demons into the room. The door closed behind them and a voice echoed in the room.
"The fated day has come. The three royal families stand united against a threat greater than their own squabbles., but there is more to being a hero than that. Each family must face 3 great trials to prove themselves worthy of such a powerful and dangerous weapon. A hero must be brave, kind and have strong morals. Only one family can prevail. The chosen one has already had a vision of the future. It is time now! Only one can be tried at a time. Step into the chamber and let your fate be determined." With the last words a door opened at the end of the room. There was a strange light coming from beyond it. A type of magic Mila had never seen.

"Well... Ladies first?" Drayce asked.
Darcia stared for a moment then entered through the door.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:52 pm

With Mila’s assistance, they managed to complete the ritual. The lock of the main gate glowed through stains of smeared blood, the barrier surrounding the temple gradually diminishing.
Seth was the first to step towards the great door. He unlocked it with a demon phrase that translated to, ’Open to those who wish to gaze fearlessly upon their true enemy’
A clamorous click followed and the door opened, revealing the ornately decorated temple within. Stepping inside, Seth’s couldn’t help but stare up in amazement at the mosaicked walls and painted ceilings. The images portrayed various historical events from the three great families, the style of the artwork reminded him deeply of his homeland, and for a moment a strong sense of nostalgia overwhelmed him. His homesickness was short lived though.

As they stepped into the main hall of the temple, the doors behind them suddenly slammed closed. The hypnotic voice of an invisible entity began to echo around them:

"The fated day has come. The three royal families stand united against a threat greater than their own squabbles, but there is more to being a hero than that. Each family must face 3 great trials to prove themselves worthy of such a powerful and dangerous weapon. A hero must be brave, kind and have strong morals. Only one family can prevail. The chosen one has already had a vision of the future. It is time now! Only one can be tried at a time. Step into the chamber and let your fate be determined."
Immediately the fresco on the wall before them began to crumble away, revealing a chamber where they would be ‘individually’ tested. Seth felt Mila’s unease as she tried to read the strange magical aura emanating from the chamber. It was ancient magic, the kind that seemed to hold a consciousness of its own.

Looking over her shoulder wordlessly, Darcia decided to step into the chamber. The moment that she stepped inside, the entrance to the chamber became enchanted and glazed over with a mirror like liquid. Examining the liquid curiously, Nero frowned, “We will have to wait for her to return, this barrier works like a mirror would. If you pass through it, you will return to this room instantly.”
Clearly curious to test out Nero’s theory, Seth carelessly stuck his hand through the liquid. He jumped backwards with surprise as his own hand poked out through the opposite side of the mirror. “Man that freaks me out. Guess we will just have to wait for Darcia to return.” Drayce didn’t look comfortable with this, his eyes gazing towards the demon numerals surrounding the mirrored entrance, “A mirror with reflective eyes lies here, Eyes to stare into the fears of the heart.”
Seth raised an eyebrow uncomfortably, “I really don’t like the sound of that.”

The group waited for 20 more minutes, before Darcia finally returned to them. Stepping out of the liquid, she returned shaken and pale, her face painted with terror. When she looked up at them, it was as though she hadn’t seen them in years. A strange red marking had appeared on her wrist. It was demon symbol that read ‘unworthy’.
Seth looked at Nero and Mila, “I will go next…Darcia isn’t going to give us any information in her current state. I can communicate with Mila via out link and give you information”
Not waiting for them to object, Seth made his way into the chamber, the barrier closing behind him.
(He doesn’t know that Mila is going to faint and join him inside the chamber XD)
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:03 am

Nero reached out to stop Seth but he was already gone. The barrier shone as he vanished and Nero turned to Mila.
To his shock she had fainted next to him. He tried to wake her up, but she was out cold.

Mila was sitting in her childhood home. Her father was yelling at her for using magic again and he put the familiar drink in front of her. She knew it would suppress her magic. It was an awful thing. She hated it more than anything. She felt empty and powerless without her magic. Her dad led her down to the basement where she would have to ait for hours to think about the consequences of her magic. But this time was different. He threw her into a cage.
A rumbling came from the other side of the cage. A giant beast loomed over Mila. She recognised the four purple eyes glaring at her. This was all too familiar.

"Seth... Seth it's me... Mila." Had he lost control again?
A deep growling shook her bones. The hot air from his mouth blew her hair from her face. His giant fangs were mere inches from her. She stepped back and lost her footing, falling against the side of the cage.
At this Seth pounced and his fangs punctured her arm.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:16 am

Seth stepped through the barrier into a world surrounded by darkness.
The moment the barrier had closed behind him, he felt his dark powers throbbing within his veins.
Something wasn’t right.

Breathing heavily he collapsed, his body suddenly bound by chains and magical restraints. Confused, he yelled out in anger, his power gradually forcing its way through the surface of his skin. The sensation was excruciatingly painful and he writhed as his demonic abilities began bleeding from his pores. “Why is this happening?!...I, I can’t afford to lose control…I can’t stop it! What do I do?!”
Fighting against his powers, Seth felt utterly powerless as they possessed his body. Within seconds he felt his body warp, changing from prince to beast. Bellowing out dangerously he thrashed blinding in the dark.

…………

A few hours passed before Seth felt part of his conscious return. The familiar taste of blood had brought him back from his delusion. Repulsed by metallic the taste, He pulled back and stared apprehensively at the wounded creature before him.
He couldn’t make out what he was looking at; it merely looked like blurred light in the darkness. Was there something wrong with his eyes?

Afraid, He bellowed out a fierce roar at the creature, hoping to frighten it away. When that didn't work, he backed away from the light, retreating as far as he possibly could whilst still bound.
Get away from me…Don’t come near me!
The restraints around his body tightened with a frightening metallic noise, they appeared to react to his fear.
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Mila opened her eyes as she felt the pressure on her arm release. Seth backed away as though in pain. Her heart threatened to beat out of chest and she wanted nothing more than to flee. She steeled herself against the fear and extended her hand, holding it just on front of his bloody snout.
"Seth. Everything is ok. It's Mila. I'm here. Come back to me."
He let out a fierce growl and she stifled a scream. Grabbing his neck tightly in a hug she stroked his head. He tried to thrash her off but she held tight.
"Seth calm down. We will be ok. We will get out of here." If only she had her magic, she could sooth him properly. But whatever her father had given her had taken away her magic and her bond to him.
He stopped resisting and his breathing grew slower. Mila pulled back and stared into his eyes.
"We are ok now." she whispered and rested her forehead on his.

A bright glow came from the end of the room and she watched as a black stripe appeared on her arm. The same line was on Seth's now human arm.
"I guess we passed the test." She sighed.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:07 pm

The strange creature approached him again. This time there was nowhere to run to, the chains had forced him to the ground. He growled threateningly, waiting for the worst.
I can’t fight like this, I can barely move…I have failed
Closing his eyes, he felt a warm pair of arms slowly wrap around his neck. A voice called to him, "Seth calm down. We will be ok… We will get out of here."
Hearing that voice, Seth recognized it as Mila. He felt his body relax a bit. He opened his eyes and blinked, his vision clearing gradually. The creature that had terrified him so much was Mila. He had been blinded by his own fear.

"We are ok now." She whispered, her forehead touching his. Breathing slowly Seth smiled inwardly. He regained control over his power and managed to return to his human form.
At the end of the chamber, a mirror-like door appeared. It glowed brilliantly, illuminating the exit. Staring at his arm, a black mark appeared. It was the demon symbol of success.
"I guess we passed the test."
Looking at Mila, Seth rubbed his head awkwardly, “Yeah, somehow we managed. I think that I would have failed if you hadn’t appeared…you are really here right? You’re not part of this illusion Right?”
Making their way towards the exit, they stepped through the barrier together, returning to the temple room.

Nero was the first to greet Seth, “That was quick, How did the test go?” Confused, Seth looked over his shoulder trying to find Mila. Had she not been behind him?
“I’ve been gone for hours. I wouldn’t call that quick…Where is Mila?” Gazing at Nero, Seth noticed Mila asleep beside the angel, her head resting on his lap. Shaking his head, Nero corrected him, “No you were away for 10 minutes. Mila passed out the moment you stepped through the barrier. I’ve been looking after her”

Crouching beside the resting girl, Seth gently touched her cheek. “She was with me inside the barrier”
Considering this for a moment, Nero responded, “The challenge is meant to judge your soul. I suppose the depths of your bond go that deep. It’s quite amazing really. ”
“Yeah, I guess it is.”

Drayce made his way over to the group. Patting Seth on the shoulder, he grinned “Looks like you passed. Got any tips for me?... Darcia has returned to herself, but I can’t get much out of her.”
Seth chuckled, “Just don’t be afraid. Fear is the enemy inside that barrier.” Drayce winked, stretching his burly arms in preparation, “Thanks. I got it, I’ll see you soon”
Stepping through the barrier Drayce disappeared, leaving Seth, Darcia, Nero and Mila alone.
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:26 am

After a few minutes Drayce returned drenched in sweat. He proudly smiled and help up his arm to show the mark of his vicroty.
"Don't think you have no competition Seth." He grinned.

Mila was walking through a strange place. It was almost like a village but it was filled with monsters and demons that Mila did not know. The buildings were beautiful but somehow these creatures seemed run down and hungry. More than once Mila saw a fight break out over a scrap of food.
Seth where are you? He appeared next to her.
"Is this the next trial?"
A few guards appeared and headed to Seth immediately.
"Your highness, you are needed in the palace at once!"
The were escorted to a lavish palace. Servants and attendees swarmed around Seth. Finally they reached a giant room filled with important looking people arguing among themselves.
"Sire, the situation has gotten dire. The people are rioting and trying to tear into the palace. They are fatigued and starving. I fear the worst. I am afraid it may be time to evacuate the palace. there is no money for food and the crops are failing. Our neighboring countries refuse to help without payment."
Mila felt her cheeks grow hot. "Then sell all of this unnecessary stuff!" She pointed at the paintings and decorations in the room.
"We could not possibly. It is the only remnants of the previous king and queen. It is their legacy."
"They are dead and more people are dying!..." Seth raised a hand to silence her.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Drayce returned to the room a few minutes later, the mark of victory inked onto his wrist.
“Looks like you ARE worthy. Who would have thought?” Seth teased.
Drayce grinned in response, prodding a finger against Seth’s chest; "Don't think you have no competition Seth."
It was clear that the challenge had been a tough one, Drayce looked completely exhausted. The man quietly took a seat beside Darcia and Mila. After a few minutes, Seth’s eyes began to wander around the room. They had all been tested, what would happen now?

Turning his gaze towards the door where they had first entered through, Seth noticed how it began to change; its mirrored surface seemed to ripple, its colour turning a brilliant gold.
He pointed towards it, clearly fascinated, “Pretty and Shiny…I suppose that is the entrance to the next task then?”
Nero stepped forward to investigate the door. A new set of words glowed above the doorway. Those who are brave and marked may step forward. Let go of your copper to receive your gold.
“The next challenge lies ahead, Are you all ready to enter.” Nero asked.
It was clear that Drayce needed a little bit longer to recover. Stepping forward Seth decided to enter first, “I’m ready… if Mila is of course.”

Stepping through the liquid gold doorway, Seth and Mila were transported to a strange but familiar sight. They were in the city of Turnacht, It was the great demon capital that surrounded Seth’s Palace. It was once a glorious city blanketed in eternal night and illuminated by 3 enormous moons.
“Seth where are you? Is this the next trial?"
Smiling at Mila, Seth took her hand, “I’m right here worry wart…though I can’t believe where we are. Am I home? How can this be?”

A group of palace guards began to make their way towards them, they bowed the moment they laid eyes on Seth, "Your highness, you are needed in the palace at once!"
Seth nodded, “I understand, let us go.”

The two were escorted through the city up towards the palace. As they walked, Seth noticed how things were not quite as they should be. Instead of lavish and wealthy, the residents of the city were gaunt and ragged. Their eyes were sunken from hunger and filled with scorn. At one point Seth thought that they would be attacked by the city residents, luckily their escort of guards kept the citizens at bay.

They entered the palace and made their way towards the throne room. It was exactly as Seth remembered it.
"Sire, the situation has gotten dire. The people are rioting and trying to tear into the palace. They are fatigued and starving. I fear the worst. I am afraid it may be time to evacuate the palace. There is no money for food and the crops are failing. Our neighboring countries refuse to help without payment."

The Prince felt his heartbeat quicken upon hearing this, how had things fallen apart this badly? They had never been a poor city from what he could remember. Taking a seat in the king’s throne, Seth mulled over a solution to the issue. Mila took a seat beside him.

She seemed irritated, her eyes running over the palace’s lavish interior, "Then sell all of this unnecessary stuff!"
The guards were horrified at her suggestion, "We could not possibly. It is the only remnants of the previous king and queen. It is their legacy."
The guards continued to argue with Mila, only stopping when Seth finally stood up and raised his hand to silence them.
“That’s enough… The girl is right, take down the paintings and remove every ounce of gold we own from this building. We will sell what we have in the neighboring country to buy new crops and food.”
Pain silently burned inside Seth as he relinquished the items from his home, they held a tremendous amount of nostalgia to him… but he knew well enough that they were not part of his father’s Legacy. Had he been the same person he was a couple months ago, he would never have dared part with these objects.

Turning to the Guards, Seth added in an authoritative tone, “I will travel with an escort to the neighboring city. With me there, I can ensure that the guards are not attacked by thieves or highwaymen.”
Catching Mila’s eye, he placed a hand on her shoulder. His eyes burning violet with determination, “Mila I need your help to run things here. Feed the people what food we have left in the palace storeroom. I’ll have a hunting party ready at your disposal; make good use of them in the interim…I know that we have wild game on the borders of the Fenris mountain. The meat and fur will keep our people fed and clothed.”

Stepping down from his throne, Seth stood before the downcast guards. They were clearly unhappy with the entire situation. “Do not despair; our wealth was never measured in jewels and riches... The legacy of my family is this kingdom itself. Our kingdom is our people…we cannot let them fall.”
The guard seemed to understand at last. They stood up and saluted the young king, “We understand Sire, we will begin preparations immediately. What should we do about the rioting though?”
Seth mulled over the issue, then smiled a moment later, “Open the courtyard gates, I will speak to the citizens myself.”

Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:59 am

As the guards set about selling the treasures in the palace for food Seth and Mila walked to the gates.
It opened to reveal the same brilliant light and Mila saw another mark appear on her arm.
"See you next time." Seth stepped through the doors.

Drayce felt his chest tighten as Seth appeared. It was his turn again. He glanced at the two markings on Seth's arm. Was he up to another challenge like the last one?
The others urged him up and he stepped through the portal.

Nero watched Drayce return with a sad look. The marking on his arm was gone. He had failed.

"It is all up to you and Mila now." He looked at Seth.

Mila stood in front of her father. This man she had despised so. She did everything in her power not to feel that way, he was her father after all, but after all he had done to her how could she not.

A black serpent like dragon twisted around her. It whispered into her ear. "you need only plunge this dagger through his heart and I shall bring back your beloved mother."
How would he do that? No one has ever been able to do that kind of magic.
"Worry not. I can do anything you wish. I cannot tell a lie."
He was in her head? How?
"I have my ways angel girl. Now do you want to see your mother again or not?"
Mila felt the dagger heavy in her palm. She had wanted nothing more than to see her mother again for as long as she could remember. She gripped the dagger harder.

Seth! she called out
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:25 pm

As Seth made his way towards the courtyard gates, a brilliant golden light shone through the cracks of the gate. Turning to Mila, he smiled, “Looks like we did it…See you next time." Pulling the gate open, Seth and Mila returned to the temple room. As they stepped through the portal, they were greeted by the familiar faces of their group; Darcia, Drayce and Nero

After a few moments of rest, Drayce stood up to take to face the temple’s challenge. He stepped through the portal, returning only 20 minutes later. When he returned his expression seemed to be painted with disappointment. Holding up his arm, Seth noticed that the mark for victory had disappeared from Drayce’s wrist.
"It seems that I am not worthy…It is all up to you and Mila now.", he added softly. The portal behind Drayce closed, it's golden liquid hardening into a cracked surface. The mirror shattered a moment later, revealing a door that leads into another room.

Nero and Seth investigated the entrance, it seemed safe enough. “The next challenge should be somewhere inside this room. Shall we go?”, Nero curiously questioned.
Stepping through the entrance, Seth took in the bizarre structure of the new room. Its walls were decorated with blue and green glass tiles arranged in various oceanic patterns. In the center of the room were steps leading down into a pool of metallic black liquid. On the other side of the pool stood a stone statue made up entirely out of armor.
Frowning thoughtfully, Seth took a step towards the pool, as he did so, words illuminated on the floor before him. Step into the pool of death, do not drown in desire, your morals serve as a compass in rough seas. Looking at Mila, Seth stepped back, “This challenge could get us killed. This liquid is something from the realm of the dead. It’s called Grieving desire…it’ll kill you if you are not careful.”
Mila didn’t hesitate and Seth grinned as her hand wrapped around his.
“You’re brave, well I guess we’ll need to be... let's get this over with. I'm sick of this place”
Without another word, the two companions disappeared into the pool of black.
……………………………………………….

The world before Seth seemed familiar; he was standing on a peer before the cave of the dead. It was the place he had visited to speak with his deceased ancestors. A massive black dragon writhed hypnotically along the stone walls of the cave, it’s eyes glowing a ghostly white.
“Young Prince, you stand before the cave of the dead…I have come to give back something that was once taken from you…your family”
Seth gritted his teeth, “I know you snake. You are guardian deity of dead souls. It is not in your nature to give. What do you want in return?”
The creature rose up before Seth, it’s black fangs frighteningly close to his face as it spoke, “Perhaps you do know my game. A soul for a soul is all I ask…I will return your father to you if you kill this girl.” Stepping aside, the serpent revealed a knife and a girl crouched down beside it.
“Darcia?!”
A knotted mess of feelings suddenly took hold of Seth as he mulled over the decision. He could have his father back if he cut down this spoiled brat, what had she done for him anyway, the demon realm would only benefit if it could have its rightful king back. His father could help him take down the Hautloss…Everything would go back to how it should be.

Picking up the knife, Seth advanced towards Darcia. The girl’s eyes glistened with terrified tears, She was bound by magic, completely unable to move. Raising the knife up to her throat, Seth was ready to end her life. He would have cut her had he not hesitated.

A familiar sound echoed through his thoughts, staying his hand. Mila’s voice called to him, she called his name. Smirking with realization, Seth stepped away from Darcia. Turning the blade in his hand, he glared coldly at the dragon, “This is an illusion, Mila is sealed within this girl ‘posed’ as Darcia…You were going have me kill her.”
With the knife in hand, Seth struck the black serpent across the chest, “I decline your offer …now give my girl back!” The Serpent writhed furiously and cursed him, “How dared you cut me! I am the lord of Death.”
Laughing at the creature, Seth narrowly avoided a swiped from the dragon and growled, “And I am the king of Demons. We’re both nothing but fancy titles…” The serpent retreated back into the cave, its venomous growl echoing dangerously into the distance, “Titles are words… and words hold power…I’ll make sure to show you that power when you eventually die, young lord. There is no escaping death”

Once the serpent had completely disappeared, Seth made his way towards Darcia. Touching her shoulder, Seth undid the curse that bound her.
Within seconds the magic of her seal released revealing a black room. In the room Seth saw Mila, She stood over him with her knife at his throat. He understood now that she was under the same disillusion that he was. He called out to her thoughts, “Stop Mila! The Serpent is lying! ...Look carfully at the person under your knife. You'll see me there.”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Mila dropped her knife. Suddenly Seth stood before her. It had all been a trick.
The world around them shimmered and dissolved.
"Congratulations leader. You have proven yourself worthy. Step forth and claim your prize, although use it wisely, for it is a double edged sword.
A sword appeared before them. Seth looked at Mila and she urged him with a squeeze of the hand. He stepped forward and gripped the sword. It stood fast in the ground. He pulled harder but it did not give. Mila stepped closer.
"Maybe we should try together? We did do everything together up until now."
She laid her hand on his and a bright light enveloped them. Mila shone as armour grew on her. A silver and white shining armour that covered her whole body and yet did not weigh anything at all. If she could not see it she would not have known it was there. She looked up at Seth who was staring in amazement at his new weapon.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:21 pm

"Congratulations leader. You have proven yourself worthy. Step forth and claim your prize, although use it wisely, for it is a double-edged sword.
The illusion surrounding them slowly dissolved.
Adjusting his gaze, Seth examined his surroundings, they had returned to the room of the 3rd challenge.
They stood on the edge of the black pool, but this time on the other side where the giant stone statue stood.
Making their way up the steps, Seth and Mila approached the sword standing before the statue; it was almost entirely encased in stone, save for its hilt. Hesitant at first, he then clasped the hilt of the sword and tried to free it. After a few minutes of unsuccessful struggling, Seth felt Mila’s hand touch his.
"Maybe we should try together? We did do everything together up until now."
Seth closed his eyes and grinned; it was an obvious solution. Each and every challenge they had faced had been together, they were only whole when they were together.
“Yeah, let’s try that”
Mila’s hand wrapped around the hilt and together they pulled the sword free from the stone. As the sword left the rock, light illuminated the weapon’s new masters. Seth felt the sword change in his hands, its rusted body warping and melting into a new shape.
When the light finally disappeared, Seth soon stood there gawking at the new claymore. It was a mysterious two-toned blade, embellished with purple stone and glowing filigree. Turning to Mila, he was amazed to see she her clad in magnificent pearlescent armor.

A voice suddenly called out to them, dulling their excitement.
“You have received your weapon and it has warped to your personality. The price to pay is a glance into your future. Relive that which you have seen before… and understand the truth.”
Seth suddenly felt dizzy. Kneeling down, he embraced the vision that pulsed through his mind’s eye. He relived the dream he had had of the orb weaver and the 3 birds.
When the dream ended, he understood its meaning, He understood why Nero hadn’t wanted to elaborate on it.
Slowly getting his feet, he walked over to Mila and offered to help her up. He didn’t know what to say to her, shock kept him silent.
The black pool froze over, allowing them to return to Nero and the others
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Mila could tell that something bad was going to happen. She could tell that Seth knew it too. They walked to the others who stared in awe.
"So what now?" Mila asked. "we don't have a boat to get back."
"We can open a path to the demon realm from here. Mila felt a sense of dread. She had never been to the demon realm.
"we can just rest for a night?" Mila felt exhausted after their ordeal. They rested through the night and Mila tried to shake the feeling of dread that had been with her since she saw that vision. This was it. They had been working toward getting the mythical weapon for so long and now they had it. Darcia made her displeasure very clear when she saw Mila had gotten a part of the weapon. They were at the foot of war now and Mila could feel it creeping closer. Were they really ready? There was still so much to do. She had to get back to the guild and see what they had managed with the growing demon population in the human realm. But if they were going to the demon realm what could she do? Would she ever be able to come back. She pondered and worried making herself grown anxious until Seth walked in.
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:41 am

The group decided to set up camp for the night. They were weary and exhausted from the day’s challenges and needed some time to plan out their next move. The dilemma they faced was that didn’t have a ship to get back to the mainland on. They took turns brainstorming a way home. Darcia made a comment on using their demon forms to fly back, but Nero pointed out that they were too far to out at sea for that to work. Drayce finally suggested an interesting solution; he proposed taking a path through the demon realm. Nero and Darcia agreed that it would be a good idea, as long as they used the routes furthest away from the Capital City. Portals to the realm could only be opened in areas with high concentrations of dark magic; luckily the temple had been built on one such area.
Seth didn’t object to the plan, but he also didn’t contribute to their pool of ideas. He was still in shock from his vision. A part of him wanted to see his world again, the glorious demon realm of eternal night, but another part of him was afraid. He knew that his fate ended in the demon realm, could he avoid it if he didn’t go back?
Confused on what to do, he left the camp site to go bath in the hot springs. He hoped that the warm water would ease his stress and clear his head.

When he returned he saw that everyone had gone to sleep, everyone except Mila. Curious, he entered her tent. He noticed her sitting on her makeshift bed. Her face seemed pale, her expression taut with anxiety.
“Hey, are you okay?”
Taking a seat beside her Seth fiddled with his clawed hands, “Are you worried about going to the demon realm tomorrow?”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:51 pm

"a little." Mila replied honestly. "But that's not what bothers me most. Seth that vision... I know you had one too. You have been anxious all night." She felt a lump in her throat. "I'm right about what it means aren't I?"
She stared at him with tears blurring her vision. He stared back in silence.
"Let's just not go. We can stay in this realm and be together. We don't have to fight this war." She knew those words were false. She could feel it. Seth knew it too. He embraced her.
"I'm so scared Seth. I am so so scared of losing everything again. I don't know if I can do it..."
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirrormoth Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:12 pm

"Let's just not go. We can stay in this realm and be together. We don't have to fight this war… I'm so scared Seth. I am so so scared of losing everything again. I don't know if I can do it..."
Pressing his forehead against Mila’s, Seth forced a smile, “Yes, It’s risky…We can lose everything, But there’s also a chance that we can give everything back to the others. There are so many demons that have already lost everything Mila. If there is a chance to give it back to them, then I want to try.”
Leaning back, Seth felt the smile slip from his lips. He was terrified of dying. Only Resolve kept him set on his decision to face the Hautloss, He knew that he couldn’t escape his fate; if he was bound to die then he could only make the best of it.

“Perhaps I’m also doing this out of selfishness.” He admitted. “I still want to avenge my parents…and I want my home back. I don’t think I’ll ever find peace if I don’t kill the Hautloss.”
He stared at the ground, a few minutes passed, His thoughts felt like a tangled mess inside his head. Eventually, he stood up and sighed, “I'm not forcing you to fight in my war Mila. You still have a chance to have a normal life in the human realm…if I were you I would take that chance”
Heading outside to take the first watch, Seth decided it best to leave Mila to her thoughts. She needed to decide what she would do, he wasn’t going to force a fate like his onto her. Once they reached the demon realm, he could send her home to her guild if that is where she wished to go.

The next morning Drayce, Nero and Seth set to work on summoning the portal to the demon realm. It needed quite a lot of preparation and would only stay open for around 10 minutes.
Once the preparations where complete, they packed up their campsite and started reciting the spell to unlock the portal. A giant black tear formed as they spoke the words of the spell, the void extended itself over a symbol they drawn on the ground.
Glancing towards Mila as the portal opened, Seth grinned excitedly, “So are you ready to see what my world looks like?” Once the portal had finished opening, Seth took Mila’s hand and slowly stepped through the void. Within seconds they were transported to the world of eternal night, the demon realm.

Taking in a deep breath, Seth opened his eyes and examined his surroundings. He noticed that they had arrived in a field filled with the glowing grass and coral-like trees. Nearly all of the plant life in the demon realm held a phosphorus glow to them.

Nero and the others soon joined them, the portal closing behind them. They all seemed a little nostalgic; They clearly hadn’t been home in many years.
“So where have we arrived Nero?”, Seth piped curiously. The Angel looked at him questionably, then took out a map and cross-referenced their location using the stars.
“From what I can see we are in the Durzanheim region. We should be safe here; thankfully we are still very far away from the capital city.”
Seth glanced up at the sky, he saw four great moons, each in its own phase of rotation. The moons cast cool light across the land. With lazy stretch, he sat down in the grass, “Well? we are all here at last, shall we brainstorm our next step?”
Mirrormoth
Mirrormoth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erasmusdane Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:05 am

They stepped into a clearing and Mila's breath caught. Beautiful glowing plants surrounded them lighting up the dark night. She never expected the demon realm to look like this. they sat down and started discussing.
"This is going to be a war. We will need a strong army. A lot of demons have fled to the human realm by now." Drayce said.
"I already instructed my guild not to hurt them. Hopefully by now we will have made allies of some of them. If we could bring my guild members here too they might be willing to help." Mila chimed in.
"Then it is settled I will go gather the army in the human realm. My undeniable charm will make them listen and if that does not work force will." Darcia grinned.
"I believe it would be best if Mila went back to her guild to organise. Seth would obviously stay here to rally any demons that remain here. They will follow the true demon king without question."
"I have no idea how to organise an army."Mila squeaked.
"Then I will join you. I have much experience in the field of battles and coordination." Drayce smiled.
"I will not be ignored! I want to organise the armies too!" Darcia complained.
"Then Darcia can go with you. Seth and I will be able to organise in the underworld and a smaller group down here will draw less attention. The longer it takes for the Hautloss to discover us the better." Nero explained.
Mila felt her heart sink at the prospect of being away from Seth
erasmusdane
erasmusdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum